Any news on Kingdom Hearts 3 official release date?

Would you upgrade to a new system immediately just to play your favorite game?

• Yes- I have been waiting forever!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes- It is a good reason to upgrade.

• No- I will be waiting for prices to drop for the console and game.

• No- I like to wait a while for lots of cheats to be posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided- Depends on my money situation and the game rating.

• Other...

• Total voters

pandabear1991

Registered
Feb 17, 2015
North MS, U.S
I have decided not to invest in upgrading to a Playstation4 until the release of Kingdom Hearts 3. However, I cannot find an official date posted anywhere about the official release date. All I can find is a statement on Wiki from Goofie's voice actor about the release being in 2015. Any good solid news from anywhere?

As far as I know, the game could be released at the end of 2015, although an early 2016 release date in the first quarter is more likely. I can't imagine the game coming before February 2016, and that's a rumor I've heard most persistently in the past few months.

Ah. I saw it in a few other forums where Sony made a statement about 2017. Then I have seen lots of other forums (in the last 3 weeks) saying 2019-2020. I am not sure WHAT to think about the to-be-announced release date but it has me anxious. I wouldn't understand why there would be a pre-order now for a game that is not expected for a few more years though.

Pre-orders for games to be released in several years isn't anything new. *Points to Duke Nukem* Personally I don't put money down until it's closer to actual confirmed release date.

Reactions: pandabear1991
I would be personally surprised to see this game in 2015, but I guess we'll probably here about it at E3. I can't wait for this game. Also, is it confirmed that it's coming out for both consoles? Right now I'm more interested in the Xbox One, and it would be really to cool this game on it.

I do not mess with pre-orders because, like stated above, the release of the game could be delayed for a long time(that Duke Nukem game was not even worth the wait, either). I will most likely invest in a Playstation 4 just for the new Kingdom Hearts game, to be honest. That game is worth buying a new console because I just know that it is going to be 100% awesome.

I will never pre-order a game. Even though I am in love with the Kingdom Hearts series (and a few others) its just not something I do. But, the other Kingdom Hearts games did take some time to depreciate so waiting for a price drop won't happen. I am one to wait and ask for such things as gifts. I don't really ask for anything when it comes to Christmas or my Birthday because I feel I am too old for requests, but I won't hesitate when it comes to Kingdom Hearts or Zelda :3

I wouldn't be surprised if the release date is further away than 2017. I do consider how long it took for Kingdom Hearts 2 to be released, and the fact that it was for the same console as the first 1. I don't mind waiting for this game in order to make it EPIC!!!

@atlantasports I will be upgrading for this game only. I am excited about the Need for Speed Underground 3 as well, but really I am a huge Nintendo fan. I know that some of the smaller story filler Kingdom Hearts games were for DS, but I prefer the game play on PlayStation, therefore I am not disappointed that it will not be released for Wii-U as well.

Argh, the release date is so far away! By then I'm supposed to be done in college and become an adult who doesn't play Kingdom Hearts :p It's annoying how they keep releasing bundles and special .5 editions of the games.