An Rpg that is also an fps?

Morvack

Registered
Nov 12, 2014
What would you all think of an rpg that is also an fps? Kind of like the the last two harry potter games? You have a wand, you can use different gems to add different effects to your wand. A gem of focus (works as a scope), fire balls acting like granades, add some rpg elements like frost spells to slow your opponents, a curse trap for walk ways, invisibility to spy on the opponent. Maybe using some form of magic to read your opponents text chat. Could be interesting.

Would you play?

The only game I can think of that falls under this category would be Destiny. On that note though, I wouldn't call Destiny a "good" RPG. It's more of a FPS with a few RPG elements thrown in to change things up.

There's a few out there.

Borderlands is a big one.

Tower of Guns, tho that's more roguelike than RPG elements of both are there.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas might count, they do have guns.:p

System Shock 2 if you want an older one, tho there's no exp, you get packs that let you choose skills and there's inventory management.

Reactions: LemonyPinkness
Borderlands and Destiny come to mind. Another coming fps game is Overwatch by Blizzard, it's worth keeping an eye on since it has such elements as well.

There are not a lot of RPG FPS hybrids to be honest. Fallout series is a good one if you are looking to play an amazing game. Borderlands is another good game, but I haven't played much of it, so I can't say much about it.

Reactions: LemonyPinkness