About Us page

snifty

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Sea Cliff
Anyone else think the About Us page is too claustrophobic? Not to mention oddly organized, by first name.

What does everyone think of laying it out by department? For example, for the PS2 department, have the editor first, followed by full-timers, and ending with contributors.

Yeah I agree...a little more organization of it would be nice...I mean Steve is almost last!

Maybe mention this to Stan in email at mygamer.com..he likes things emailed to him..it probably serves as a better reminder for the want list for MyGamer.com.

I need to update my bios to reflect what I do at my gamer ( I wrote it before I even noticed the about us page)

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I was a big fan of the spreadsheet that was constantly updated and sent around to all the staff (and no...not just because I did it! Lol). It just made copying and pasting alot of email addresses, for a mass email, easier, and was also sortable by whatever category you wanted. The on-site list is nice for that quick lookup on someone, but I'm going to try to put the staff spreadsheet back together. Some don't have excel, and for that, it's easy enough to export a html version as well (though it won't be sortable). I'll work on this for the next month if I can.

Huddles,

I think Stevie is updating a staff list for everyone...you may check with him and offer your services...;) the spreadsheet is a great tool.

I think of the about us page for visitors and not necessarily for staff(although it's nice since it's tied to your forum name)

Lynn

Yeah, it's not just for staff...but while we were on the topic of the inability to sort, etc...just thought I'd mention it. :) The Stevester and I have already talked about the staff list, and he said after D-day (which is today in fact), that the list on the website would truly reflect our current staff. I was then going to take that, and make a new spreadsheet out of it, and pass that around, for convenience.
Hopefully we won't loose too many, but as with any major publication change, I suppose it's inevitable to loose people. :(

One thing that struck me regarding the About Us page is that for a webpage concerning the people behind the site, there's not a whole lot of warmth. We could all be holed up in a maquiladora pounding out the words with guns to our backs or a intelligent troupe of trained chimps for all the untrained eye can tell.

I do like the idea of arranging us in terms of teams/departments. At an old workplace we did something similar, with pictures of our handsome faces beside the names. Don't know if we need to go that far now, but I'm cool with teams concept.

You mean you're not holed up in a maquiladora pounding out the words with guns to your backs or a intelligent troupe of trained chimps?

What do you work for then?

and here I thought I had benefits. Lol. :p