For the first time in a historically based real-time strategy game, players can command completely unique, historically based civilizations in a bid to dominate the world. A real-time strategy game of epic scope and breadth, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World lets players command legendary civilizations as they battle to forge mighty empires during the days of longbows and charging knights to the awesome land, air and sea battles of WWII involving Tiger Tanks, Storm Troopers, Spitfires, and stealthy submarines.
* 1,000 of the most significant years in history?Rule from 950 AD to 1950 AD, including the Middle Ages, the Gunpowder Age, the Imperial Age, World War I and World War II.
* Historically based civilizations?Command one of several distinctive nations. From the Chinese’s use of gunpowder to Germany’s incredible air power, game outcomes are affected by each nation?s strengths.
* Historically accurate units and abilities?Utilize units from the past, from the plague-ridden cow carcasses flung by enemy forces to the German V2 rocket.
* Battle on land, at sea and in air?Create authentic and varied strategies to dominate your opponents with land, sea and air units?from a cavalry charge to firing a broadside shot into an enemy?s sails or a surprise air strike.
* Single-player game modes?Play random map games and do battle against up to 7 AI opponents or lead your troops into battle as one of three of the greatest military leaders in history?General Patton, Richard the Lionheart or Admiral Yi?in story-based campaigns.
* Multiplayer mode?Battle against or alongside up to 7 friends online as you struggle for ultimate victory.
* Spectacular graphics?Cutting edge 3D graphics and the zooming camera give you a general?s view of battle in all its glorious detail, unlike any other RTS.