Hidden Path Entertainment, an independent developer based in Bellevue Washington, has officially released Defense Grid: The Awakening on Xbox LIVE Arcade. This critically acclaimed tower defense game is selling at a special price of 800 MS points ($10) and provides hours and hours of intense gameplay.
We built Defense Grid: The Awakening with the Xbox LIVE Arcade audience in mind from the very beginning. Its unique spin on tower defense gameplay is a perfect fit, as it appeals to gamers of all skill levels, but has enough challenge modes to keep those hard-core Xbox 360 users engaged for hours² said Jeff Pobst, co-founder and CEO of Hidden Path Entertainment.
Built on Emergent¹s Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, Warhammer Online, Civilization IV), Defense Grid: The Awakening¹s features include edge-of-your-seat gameplay, where players need to defeat hordes of invading enemies by strategically building fortification towers around their base. Each base has a number of valuable power cores that players must defend at all costs. Enemies invade your bases in waves, intent on stealing all your cores and escaping. The player can stop them only by strategically selecting and placing defensive towers as resources allow. . This action all takes place in beautiful environments, complete with spectacular effects and a dynamic, engaging soundtrack. The controls are intuitive and the gameplay is deep – the special attacks and properties of each tower work together to provide many ways to succeed.
Other Key Game Elements:
The Xbox LIVE Arcade version of Defense Grid: The Awakening includes:
* New Borderlands mission pack, which has four new advanced levels and 12
* A unique combination of fixed and open maps that encourage different
strategies every time you play.
* 24 total unique maps to strategically position your towers on and prevent
alien enemies from stealing your power cores.
* 100 unlockable challenge modes to extend your gameplay.
* 10 different tower types, including Infernos, Teslas, Cannons and more.
Each tower can also be upgraded twice for devastating power.
* All towers with unique tradeoffs that affect ideal placement, such as
line-of-sight attack or ballistic trajectory fire; a large area of effect or
damage over time; and minimum and maximum ranges.
* 15 different types of enemies, each with unique capabilities and
* 10 hours of story and campaign play
* Custom soundtracks and loads of achievements
Stay with www.mygamer.com.