The Bard’s Tale is an action/role-playing game in which the player takes on the role of the Bard ? a sardonic and opportunistic musician and adventurer, driven by carnal rather than noble pursuits. The Bard is not interested in saving the world, his humble motivations are strictly ‘coin and cleavage.’
* The modern interpretation of the original Bard’s Tale, the grandfather of all role-playing games, by the original producer – Brian Fargo.
* A new generation third-person, action/role-playing game featuring wicked humor and clever personality.
* Forget the quest to save the world, our hero is interested in just two things ? coin and cleavage.
* A deep role-playing experience with non-linear game play resulting in many different outcomes and true replay value.
* Using the Snarky/Nice conversation system lets the players choose the tone of the Bard’s interactions. Make your choice and live with the consequences.
* Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding.
* Brilliant graphics and bustling environments, alive with interactive townsfolk, original music (with singing), birds, animals, rustling trees, waving grass and trickling water, that immerse the player deep into the Bard’s world.
* Based on the storied land of the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland – the inspiration for the classic fantasy worlds.
* Driven by the next generation of Snowblind’s Everquest: Champions of Norrath Engine.