With Capcom making lots of huge gaming headlines these days (e.g. the announcement of [i]Street Fighter IV[/i], the highly anticipated [i]Devil May Cry 4[/i] release this February, and who could forget the perhaps racially insensitive [i]Resident Evil 5[/i] trailer) it's nice to see them dusting off one of their oldies but goodies. With the fairly recent news of a sequel to the original [i]Bionic Commando[/i] (playable in 1988 on the Nintendo Entertainment System) coming to Xbox 360 and PS3, Capcom knew that many of today's gamers have never heard of the property. Enter- [i]Bionic Commando Rearmed[/i], a makeover redux of the 20 year old NES game so gamers of all ages can enjoy the bionic wonders the 8-bit era had to offer. [i]Rearmed[/i] will be available for download via Xbox LIVE Arcade, Playstation Network, and PC this coming spring. "The release of [i]Bionic Commando Rearmed[/i] allows us to deliver to fans of the original game a remake they have been clamoring for, while also introducing the series to a whole new audience," commented Ben Judd, Producer of both the [i]Bionic Commando[/i] projects.
Features of the upcoming [i]Bionic Commando[/i] include:
* Classic Bionic Commando gameplay focused around the use of the bionic grappling arm
* 2-player co-op mode
* Total modern visual revamp, including dynamic shadows, particle effects and environmental damage
* Reworking of musical score
* Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
* In-game art designed by one of Capcom’s most talented artists, Toshiaki Mori
Stay with MyGamer.com for all your gaming needs.