Atlus is about to launch Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception on PS4 and Vita. In typical Atlus fashion, there is an optional Limited Edition. See below for a special unboxing video prepared by our friends at Atlus:
“We’re only a week away from the launch of Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, so we figured this would be a good time to take a closer look at the launch edition of the game with an unboxing video! Since the gorgeous art style of the game brings a world filled with intriguing characters, rich history, and beautiful lands to life, we created bonus items that celebrate the game’s bewitching aesthetics. Here’s what you’ll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab a limited launch edition of the game (launch edition currently applicable to the Americas only):
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Compendium Art Book – This 50-page softcover art book contains art/information about some of the unlikely heroes, fantastical creatures, exotic locales and more! The book also features concept art and developer notes that show a glimpse of the creative process behind building a mystical world. Oh, and it also includes information about the mighty Yamato Empire and its surrounding nations that’ll serve as a guide to those unfamiliar with the Utawarerumono series.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception features:
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or Vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.“
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Independent developer and publisher Dotemu announced that the company has undergone a refocus that includes the formation of a larger, dedicated arm of development and publishing focused entirely on reviving retro franchises. The first project to roll out [...]
Good Shepherd Entertainment and independent developer Italo Games have announced that Milanoir, an original pixel-packed action game inspired by the masterpiece Italian crime movies of the 1970s, is expected to launch on Nintendo Switch in early 2018. A [...]
Aksys Games is excited to announce that Little Dragons Café by game designer Yasuhiro Wada will be coming to the Nintendo Switch and the Playstation 4 system in late summer 2018! Wada is most well-known for creating the popular Bokujō Monogatari series [...]