Atlus is about to launch Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception on PS4 and Vita. In typical Atlus fashion, there is an optional Limited Edition. See below for a special unboxing video prepared by our friends at Atlus:
“We’re only a week away from the launch of Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, so we figured this would be a good time to take a closer look at the launch edition of the game with an unboxing video! Since the gorgeous art style of the game brings a world filled with intriguing characters, rich history, and beautiful lands to life, we created bonus items that celebrate the game’s bewitching aesthetics. Here’s what you’ll get when you pre-order or otherwise grab a limited launch edition of the game (launch edition currently applicable to the Americas only):
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Compendium Art Book – This 50-page softcover art book contains art/information about some of the unlikely heroes, fantastical creatures, exotic locales and more! The book also features concept art and developer notes that show a glimpse of the creative process behind building a mystical world. Oh, and it also includes information about the mighty Yamato Empire and its surrounding nations that’ll serve as a guide to those unfamiliar with the Utawarerumono series.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception features:
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or Vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.“
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Microsoft just announced their free games for their Games With Gold program. Xbox Live Gold members will be able to download these games for free for the month of June 2017. Speedrunners launched about a year ago on PC but will be making its XBOX One [...]
DotEmu and Lizardcube, are thrilled to announce that Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap will be available on PC on June 8th, 2017. Following the release of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and XBOX One, DotEmu and Lizardcube will release [...]
The following discounts are available to Xbox Live Gold members now through May 29, 2017. There is also a Microsoft publisher sale going on too. XBOX One: Content Title Content Type Discount Notes Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition* XBOX One Game 50% DWG [...]