The sounds of war will rage on the battlefield once again because Valkyria Revolution will be available in the Americas on June 27 and Europe on June 30! The game will release in the West both physically and digitally for the PlayStation®4 and XBOX One™, and as a digital-only title for the PlayStation®Vita for $39.99 (with commensurate European pricing).
Loyal soldiers are always rewarded for their service, so pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical PS4 and XBOX One versions in the Americas will come packaged as the Valkyria Revolution “Vanargand Edition.” Named after an in-game specialized unit of anti-Valkyria soldiers, the “Vanargand Edition” will come with a metal pin emblazoned with the elite team’s fierce insignia, a 12-track soundtrack by the renowned Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow), and a beautiful outer box. For our squad mates in Europe, pre-orders and limited launch copies of the game will be accompanied by the 12-track soundtrack.
In the wake of a revolution, Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself–the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutland’s own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzi’s tyranny. However, Amleth Grønkjær, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
Valkyria Revolution Features:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.
Though it bears the Valkyria name, Valkyria Revolution eschews the original series’ traditional turn-based strategy and is a whole new entry with new characters, a new world, and new gameplay mechanics. The static, turn-based battlefield has become an action-oriented stage for devastating melee strikes, lethal ranged attacks, and strategic shifts to turn the tide of battle, all while exploring the incredible continent of Europa. Valkyria Revolution will be released on the Playstation 4, PlayStation Vita, and XBOX One on June 27 in the Americas and June 30 in Europe. The game has been rated T by ESRB.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Over the last few weeks, Hamster has released even more NEOGEO titles on new gen consoles. Some of these games are on Switch. Some on PS4 and XBOX One. FATAL FURY 3 is a fighting game released by SNK in 1995. This game sets the stage for a new chapter in [...]
Rock Band and DropMix creators Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. have released a new live-action video for Super Beat Sports, the cheerful collection of sports-themed mini-games with a musical twist launching this fall on Nintendo Switch. This original teaser [...]
Nicalis announced that Tiny Barbarian DX—the retro-inspired sword-and-sorcery extravaganza for Nintendo Switch—will be available on October 10 for the suggested retail price of $29.99. The game will be available as a physical Game Card and digitally via [...]