There are four television channels sharing the local city network and vying for a share of the viewing figures. As the big boss of the channel you have to win the special prize, awarded every four years, for bringing in the largest audience and highest satisfaction ratings.
To do this you have to deploy everything at your disposal:
- Hire and fire presenters, actors and directors.
- Purchase studios to make your programs
- Produce your own shows, TV-movies, and series, etc.
- Change programming as you see fit
- Run the administration and train your teams…
- Arrange for advertising for the channel and its programs,
- Negotiate advertising time for ads on your channel.
Above all, you have to decide, in response to opinion polls, what programs will go out on your channel – their format and target, etc – to try to become the king of rating figures.
There are big decisions to make, and you're going to have to make them. So get ready, a nation of under-50s housewives is yours for the taking (in a manner of speaking)!
- 30 different communities, all potential targets with their own centres of interest. Sound out people in the street or in their homes, whenever you want, to gauge their opinions.
- 4 rival channels ready to try anything to win over viewers.
- A realistic viewing figure system and a simple, comprehensive analysis tool.
- 10 buildings accessible around the whole town (program store, advertising agency, bank, etc) plus a vast 3D city.
- 20 highly detailed rooms (control room, studio, archives, etc).
- A kit for creating innovative and simple programs.
- Intuitive tools for managing, planning and producing programs.
- Genre: Management – simulation
- Release date: Q2/Q3 2007
- Co-publishers: RTL Enterprises GmbH / Nobilis
- Age rating: +3 (PEGI)
- Format: PC
- System requirements: Windows 98SE/2000/XP, CPU Pentium III, 512MB RAM, graphics card 64 MB compatible DirectX 8.1, 650MB free disk space
- 1 player
- Official website: www.tvgiant-thegame.com