Welcome to the Corleone family. After a life of small-time jobs and petty theft you've been accepted into America's most famous criminal organization. Now it's up to you to carry out orders, earn respect, rise through the ranks, and make New York City your own. Play your cards right and you could even run everything as the next, and most powerful, Don.
A classic story about family, respect, and loyalty, Mario Puzo's The Godfather and the Paramount Pictures film based on that novel serve as the game's inspiration. The GodfatherTM The Game puts you at the center of the action in one of history's most revered cinematic masterpieces, allowing you to choose your path as you rise from lowly outsider to envied and feared Don in a living world 1945-1955 New York.
With major additions and enhancements to the non-linear action-adventure gameplay, The Godfather The Game for Xbox 360 offers countless choices for solving the family's problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mix of both. From mob hits to bank heists and extortion, step deep inside the world of The Godfather The Game, where intimidation and negotiation are your tickets to the top. Use your powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect through interactions with police, businessmen, racket bosses, other mobsters, and more. The decisions you make have lasting consequences, just as they do in the legendary mob underworld of The Godfather books and films.
The Godfather film featured many of Holly-wood's finest actors and several are contributing to the game's development. Actors lending their voices to add a dramatic and cinematic touch to the game include the late Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone, James Caan as Sonny Corleone, and Robert Duvall as consigliore Tom Hagen.
* The World of The Godfather: Experience a decade of the mafia in a living world New York City from 1945-55 with Xbox 360-exclusive enhancements to racket truck heists, extortions, targeting, living world gameplay, and much more.
* New Features for Xbox 360: The Godfather The Game on Xbox 360 features all-new missions and contract hits, a new family compound, new venues, and more interaction with key characters.
* Classic Film Moments: Take on film-based and original missions as you interact with classic characters and experience unforgettable moments from the film.
* Put Yourself in The Godfather: Create your own mobster and get a piece of the action by putting yourself in a living, open-world New York City.
* Respect and Consequences: Your choices affect how the action plays out, so make sure you use your power wisely in order to rise to the top.
* Persistent World: Interact freely with an assortment of characters. The characters remember your interactions-whether you were diplomatic, accommodating, or brutal-and will respond appropriately when you meet again.
* Control New York: Your bid to take control of the Corleone Family and make New York City your own will be challenged by the other four families from the fiction: Tattaglia, Cuneo, Barzini, and Stracci.
* The Power of Intimidation: Wield more power than ever before with an enhanced BlackHand Control combat system for Xbox 360-punch, kick, grab, and even choke someone with a stranglehold.
* Authentic to the Fiction: Mark Winegardner, author of the novel The Godfather Returns, provides story editing and consultation.