Don’t let your guard down – the end is nigh! Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse will release in the Americas on Sept. 20. And for our European fans, as mentioned in a separate announcement this morning, SMTIVA will be released physically and digitally in PAL regions by our new partner, Deep Silver. (Release date for Europe is still TBD)
With Tokyo being ground zero for scheming gods and monstrous demons, only the strongest and craftiest can survive in the former metropolis turned literal hell on earth. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse has a varied cast of characters that players need to utilize properly in order to endure the harsh realities — mostly the very high possibility of death around every corner — of post-apocalyptic life.
Here’s a look at some of the useful partners that players will bring into battle:
- Nanashi – Nanashi is the silent player controlled protagonist who’s trying to become a full fledged member of the Hunter Association. He gets murdered early in the game by a demon, but is given a second chance at life by the god Dagda. In return, he must serve as Dagda’s personal “Godslayer” in the world changing events to come…
- Asahi – The ever optimistic Asahi is Nanashi’s childhood friend/Hunter Association teammate. She’s eager to prove herself in the field, but will need to overcome her doubts in order to become a key member of the group.
- Navarre – This familiar Samurai from the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado is making a return! Well sort of, because Navarre is no longer what we would call “alive.” He’s now a green ghost who can use his ethereal powers to the benefit of the team.
- Nozomi – Nozomi is another familiar character who is the newly appointed Fairy Queen working under the protection of the goddess Danu. She’s a level-headed and mature ally who will provide valuable skills and insight for the party.
- Hallelujah– This young gray haired individual is a member of the Ashura-kai gang, who is ordered to join Nanashi and co. in their journey to “watch” them. Hallelujah is accompanied by his foxlike pet demon Chironnupu, who will support him in battle.
- Gaston – Gaston, or as he likes to call himself Gaston the Magnificent, is the brash and arrogant younger brother of Navarre. He is the leader of an elite squad of Samurai called the Crusaders and will undoubtedly be a useful partner during fights. That is, if players can stand his braggadocios nature, but you know what they say, “no one fights like Gaston!”
- Toki – This mysterious Oni mask wearing girl in black is an assassin for the Ring of Gaea faction. She absolutely does not have an ulterior motive for joining the squad. Nope, totally doesn’t have a hidden agenda or anything like that.
- Isabeau – This steadfast Samurai is the best friend and confidant of the heroic Flynn (the protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei IV). Isabeau is an experienced warrior who will act as a great role model for the younger members of the party.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Launching alongside the upcoming Metroid: Samus Returns 3DS title will be a 2-pack of amiibo consisting of a bad ass Samus and Metroid figure. Translated from the Japanese Nintendo website, we now have a better understanding of what these amiibo will do [...]
The stars of Chicken Wiggle are an improbable duo: a young chicken and his best buddy – a wiggly worm – nestled in his backpack! Together, they team up for adventure to jump, peck, and worm-grapple across a myriad of perplexing platforming levels – full [...]
Shadows of Hurt Fire Emblem Echoes – Shadows of Valentia is the third Fire Emblem game to appear on the 3DS. While not as good as the stellar Fire Emblem Awakening, I did enjoy this title more than Fire Emblem Fates, the second 3DS title that was spilt [...]