We hope your schedule is clear, because you can now relive the intense arcade action of the nine games contained within the SEGA 3D Classics Collection. The collection houses nine vintage games — four of which have never been released on the 3DS — with modern touch-ups by the developers at M2. The SEGA 3D Classics Collection is now available in retail stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS for $29.99/CA$44.99, and will include a sheet of decals representing classic SEGA hardware while supplies last.
Taking full advantage of the Nintendo 3DS system’s stereoscopic 3D, the powered up visuals, new game modes, and more will delight those who wish to indulge in some nostalgic, good old-fashioned fun. Oh, and for the younger generation of gamers who think they are too cool for school to play these classics, these titles are a crucial part of video game history that has directly impacted the developers making the video game hits of today.
Below is a brief summary of the games in the collection:
- Power Drift – Put the pedal to the metal against AI racers in a twisting, turning, jumping, looping race to the finish.
- Puyo Puyo 2 – An addicting head-to-head puzzle game that will incite competition and most likely ruin friendships.
- Maze Walker – Escape a mysterious, twisting maze filled with unknown dangers.
- Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa – The sentient space ship Opa-Opa must defeat enemies in a psychedelic world of colors (this version is the original Master System version).
- Fantasy Zone II W – M2’s re-envisioning of the console game Fantasy Zone II as a System-16 arcade game, with upgraded graphics, sounds and 3D effects. Plus, adds a new gameplay mode.
- Sonic The Hedgehog – The famed blue blur must use his speed and penchant for rings to help defeat the evil Dr. Eggman.
- Thunder Blade – Pilot a helicopter and rain down hellfire upon enemies with guns and missiles.
- Galaxy Force II – Repel the forces of Halcyon and the Fourth Empire with your TRY-X fighter in this 3D space shoot ’em up.
- Altered Beast – Shape shift into different beasts to do battle with demons and save the captured Athena from the clutches of Neff.
The SEGA 3D Classics Collection is the latest localization title from SEGA, and is now available in retail stores and on the Nintendo eShop for $29.99/CA$44.99. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
More Saga. More Mercenaries. Everything that I said in my Mercenaries Saga 2 review holds true for Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War as it is essentially the same exact game only with a new story and new cast of characters. From the 16-bit visual [...]
Natsume announced three new downloadable content packs are headed for Harvest Moon: Skytree Village for the Nintendo 3DS. New bachelor and bachelorette character packs are set to arrive on January 24th, with a Harvest Sprite Statue set to be available [...]
2016 was a not a great year, and possibly one of the most difficult for anyone that enjoys gaming. From numerous disappointments, lies, the continued increase of terrible news, and the failure of almost anything that could be considered “game of the [...]