Rising Star Games announced that they have partnered with Spain-based developer, Kraken Empire to release a physical boxed edition and digital edition of the highly-stylized shoot ’em up (shmup) game, Kromaia Omega, on the Playstation 4 this fall.
Kromaia Omega is a highly-immersive shmup; a journey that is quite unlike any other that mixes technology and myth for an innovative gameplay experience. Players will explore new worlds protected by giant god-like guardians, filled with ancient temple ruins, and littered with puzzles to solve and treasures to collect.
A truly unique adventure, Kromaia‘s approach to gameplay looks to bring new life to the shmup genre. Providing players with full 360˚ freedom to fly, spin, and shoot changes the traditional style of arcade shmups significantly. Also, Kromaia‘s adaptive AI creates a special kind of emergent gameplay: one that changes variables like enemy speed and formations to offer new, uniquely tailored experiences depending on how the game is played. Combine this with several ultra-maneuverable Armors (pilotable ships/vessels), all with different attributes, and a wide range of ancient, alien worlds to explore, and players have a game that changes the genre forever.
Kromaia Omega Features:
- Interact with hundreds of physical objects, like massive asteroids, ancient temple ruins, puzzles, treasure, and fight dozens of on-screen enemies at once
- Highly destructible worlds with their own rules and law of physics
- Adaptive AI – Artificial intelligence based on independent simple brains that cooperate creating emergent behaviors
- Pilot several different Armors, each with unique weapons, attributes, and philosophies, plus an all-new armor exclusive to Kromaia Omega
- Multiple gameplay modes including “Story,” “Score Attack,” and new “Pure Mode”
- Four levels of difficulty to test players of all skill levels
- Online leaderboards to show the rest of the shmup world you mean business
- Two-player local co-op that lets one player pilot while the other takes control of the weapon systems
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid for XBOX Live Gold members now through 21 August 2017. XBOX One Deals CONTENT TITLE CONTENT TYPE DISCOUNT NOTES 13,000 Call of Duty: Black Ops III Points Add-On 10% [...]
Night Trap, the infamous Sega video game that singlehandedly caused a national debate on violence in video games that resulted in senate hearings and the ESRB video game ratings system, is being rereleased for its 25th anniversary. The title will be [...]
The new Moto Z2 Force Edition, available from Verizon, takes elements from the Moto Z and adds a metal design around Motorola’s ShatterShield display and a new dual camera. Verizon is also the exclusive home for the latest Moto Mods – the Moto GamePad and [...]