Yes, it is true. After many months of rumors, Nintendo finally released details on the re-remake of the DS. Here are the main bullet points:
-No GBA Slot: sorry backwards compatibility
– SD Slot: can now store music and save DS demos
– Internal storage space
– Two built-in cameras (3MP & 0.3MP): One looking right at the player, the other on the outside shell of the system looking outwards.
– Music player: Can play AAC files, no official word on Mp3 though
– Bigger screens
– Slightly thinner than the DS Lite
– ONE Touch Screen (Same as DS Lite)
– Built in web browser
– "DS Ware" to be available for purchase: Kind of like the Wii Channel where you can download games for a fee
– Will be available in Japan on November 1st for $179.99 with a “well into 2009” date set for the US
– A new firmware and DS Channel/App interface
– Mii support on DS: Transfer Mii from your Wii to your DS
No word if battery life will be increased/decreased from the Lite version. Stay with www.mygamer.com as Nintendo releases more information about this new system.