Indie game developer Digital Dreams Entertainment will release Mutant Football League for Playstation 4 and XBOX One owners on January 19th, 2018. The bloody-fun, next-gen spiritual successor to the 1993 Sega Genesis classic Mutant League Football.
The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol’ American-style team sports.
- Mutants, Monsters, and More: Choose from 18 blood-thirsty, wisecracking teams including the Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, and Monstrous Orcs.
- Gridiron Carnage: Players inflict maximum carnage on the opposition with brass-knuckle punches, steel-toed kicks, hand grenades, clubs, battle axes, chainsaws, and more. Exploding body parts, comically horrific deaths, and blood splatters fuel the MFL visual experience.
- Down ‘n’ Dirty: Use dirty tricks during gameplay to “Bribe the Ref”, throw bombs, or equip weapons to inflict maximum carnage for real game-changing moments!
- Full Season Mode and More: Dive into Exhibition, Practice, and Playoff games, or try and survive the Full Season grind to reach the ultimate showdown: The Mayhem Bowl!
- Killer Stadiums: The 18 unique playfields are filled with diabolical and dangerous traps and hazards – including explosive landmines, buzz saws, toxic moats, lava flows, and crazed fans cheering on their favorite murderous squad.
Multiplayer Madness: Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives offers the choice to clobber opponents or team up with friends to crush opposing miscreants!