In Master of Orion III, players assume the biggest role ever. No longer do players merely represent petty interplanetary dictators. In Master of Orion III, players represent the controlling power behind an entire galactic civilization. The dictators, presidents, councils, and overlords that come and go are merely a player’s pawns. One must use these governments and their leaders to secure the destiny of one’s civilization and to manipulate its policies of freedom and oppression in both foreign and domestic arenas. It is not enough to be an able economist or a great captain to succeed in Master of Orion III; considerable political, administrative, and espionage skills must be applied to craft your civilization’s glorious chapter in the Annals of Time and Space.
* Explore rich solar systems, complete with black holes, space monsters and hostile alien races.
* Dynamic Galaxy Generation ensures that no two games are ever the same.
* Play one of 16 Unique Races or create your own Custom Race..
* Choose your style of play; use oppressive force to crush your enemies and beat your people into submission or employ subtle negotiation to scheme your way to the top.
* Research and Design exotic ships and weapons to crush your enemies.
* Galactic Councils and diplomacy of never-before-achieved richness and depth.
* Colossal Space Battles that feature beautiful, tactical real-time combat resolution that keeps play moving at a brisk pace.
* Shadowy game-within-a-game; use espionage, disinformation, subterfuge, betrayal, subversion and assassination to seat yourself in the highest chair of Orion.
* Wars have distinct political and social consequences, not just military and economic consequences.
* Slick and intuitive interface makes navigation and gameplay a snap for novice players.
* Complete campaigns to satisfy would-be galactic conquerors.
* Robust Multiplayer lets 8 players slug it out for galactic domination.
* Manage policies dealing with freedom and oppression, slavery, and racial tolerance. Will your civilization thrive better as an oppressive tyranny, a free republic, a unified theocracy, or something in-between?
* Simultaneous Turn-Based Play keeps multiplayer gameplay moving along at a brisk pace.