The legendary KING OF FIGHTERS returns for its latest numbered entry on August 23 this year with KOFXIV. When it arrives however, ATLUS is creating a special Pre-order/Day One edition! Only available while supplies last as a bonus item for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV is a collectible SteelBook emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight. It’s the perfect collectible for fighting game connoisseurs who want to own a memorable piece of KOF history.
Atlus U.S.A. is also making the Classic Kyo DLC costume free for the week following launch as a download on PlayStation Network!
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Spam Attackers With a visual presentation sort of reminiscent of Another World and horde mode-style gameplay that mixes Gauntlet with a hint of TowerFall, Warlocks vs Shadows is a grind-heavy spammers dream. While this 2D brawler has a decent foundation, [...]
Square Enix just announced that the arcade game Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (a Japan only release) will be making its way stateside on PS4 in 2018. Here is the statement and trailer from Square Enix: “In partnership with Team Ninja from KOEI TECMO GAMES, [...]
Natsume announced it will launch two new River City titles, River City: Knights of Justice and River City: Rival Showdown, both for the Nintendo 3DS. The games are expected to launch this summer and winter, and both will be revealed for the first time at [...]