The legendary KING OF FIGHTERS returns for its latest numbered entry on August 23 this year with KOFXIV. When it arrives however, ATLUS is creating a special Pre-order/Day One edition! Only available while supplies last as a bonus item for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV is a collectible SteelBook emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight. It’s the perfect collectible for fighting game connoisseurs who want to own a memorable piece of KOF history.
Atlus U.S.A. is also making the Classic Kyo DLC costume free for the week following launch as a download on PlayStation Network!
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
There are two reasons that people play Yakuza games, those being the immersive world and the complex story with deep characters and an ever-expanding cast. In the last year Sega was gracious enough to release three Yakuza games in the west, this being [...]
It’s been a full year since Kazuma Kiryu took his leave from the world of the yakuza during the events of Yakuza Kiwami. Fate, however, has other things in mind for the legendary Dragon of Dojima, and Kiryu finds himself back on the front lines of a [...]
The one thing that can always be said about the world of fighting games is that they will always have the most interesting playable characters. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] presents you with the standard characters with whips and flying swords, but [...]