Zelda: Twilight Princess

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
:triforce:

Wheeeeee! Who else can't wait? Richness of story, character and environment are by far the most important aspects of gaming to me. TP promises all three. I liked the Wind Waker's engine, so I know Link will be fun to control.

Other thoughts, impressions, things to look forward to?

What did you hate about it? I'm curious. I liked the way it was played, but I didn't think it was too fun. Not enough dungeons and they weren't very creative at all. In fact, they repeated themselves.

I'm expecting TP to be released in May or June. And Revo in November of next year. TP will be GC's last summer blockbuster, then they'll let loose the wee beastie and its funny little pointing stick.

My predictions are speculation based on trends and other writers' presumptions. That schedule makes sense to me though. I don't think they'd want to release Revo right on top of the last huge GC game. Talk about stolen Thunder!

And there's is absolutely no way TP's going to be a Revo release. Porting a game like that to a new console is way more work than they want to do, so I've heard. They're using the WW engine, which is totally incompatible with the new controller, they'd literally have to re-write the game from scratch -- not happening in 8 months.

everything in game development is module based though. it is doable. especially if the models they have been using are high poly which are to be reduced drastically through NURBS. control scheme can be reconfigured without too much effort. it has been done before...and in my opinion, nintendo is most famous for doing it. we saw many titles come to GC which were originally developed for N64. my fear is that i will see GC quality graphics on the revolution though.

any word on if the rev will play GC games?

I am almost certain (99%) that you'll be able to pop GC discs into Revo and play them with a GC controller (there are 4 GC controller ports in the top of the console). Nintendo has said that it'll be backwards compatible, anyhow.

I plan on giving my GC to my sister's kids when I get my Revo.