Zelda, the 2015 VERSION!

Shimus

Registered
Jan 21, 2015
After watching E3 and numerous other expos for Eiji Aonuma to explain what has changed and what looks to be better, the game looks absolutely beautiful. It looks like they kept the animation from Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword but have the cell-shading and slightly cartoony look of Windwaker thrown in for good measure. The world is seemingly endless, just like every other Hyrule field. Only he (Eiji) explained that "If you see mountains in the distance, you can run until you reach them." - I love this open ended-ness, I just hope Hyrule isn't as small as its previous versions, because I truly want to just run forever on whichever incarnation of Epona that they give you.

Are you guys Psyched? I loved Skyward Sword, especially on Hero Mode (It was truly some rageworthy bosses) and I love the motion sense that the WII provides for games like this. What's your thoughts?

Reactions: pandabear1991
Wow, that sounds amazing. I never played any of the newer Zeldas but I was always a fan. Any idea on what they will name the game?

I have no idea. They are silent on that topic. All I know is they continued the same motions that WII used for Skyward sword and that animation looks like a mixture. I hope it's aptly named though, and not something we've seen before.

I remember the first one and it was well made and designed and did well for a game in the 90s time period as some games were good and some not so good and this one was rated real well. I think a new one would be good not just saving the princess maybe a story of betrayal and shock that someone close to you has done this and some interesting boss fights would be nice. The graphics should be good and, interesting to play and the music should suit the game and mood to make people want to play the game.

Man, I absolutely cannot wait for it. The demonstration was one of my favorite things this year. The design they're going for really clicks with me and it being more open-ended puts the hype level through the roof. I know for a fact that exploring so much of the landscape will be one of the first things to do once I get my hands on it. The art style looks superb as well.

They got my money secured. They never disappoint.

The game will be so fun to run around it. They said it felt kind-of-empty but they're aiming to fix that with higher population spawns. and the fact the terrain in parts is usable (like the fruit tree's fruits to heal you) or various other things we saw in the video.

Money secured indeed, if I had a WII-U

This is one game that I'm incredibly excited for. It looks unique, even compared to the other Zelda games that have been released, and there's definitely a lot of promise there for us gamers. I might be picking this up on release day, but I'll have to wait and see!

@Shimus, this game is why I decided to upgrade to a Wii-U instead of a PlayStation4. These graphics and game play are so inviting, bright, vivid, and absolutely lustful! I haven't been this excited about a game release since the release of Kingdom Hearts 2 and trust me--we are not discussing that excitement!

I am personally hoping for a decent amount of challenging mini games. I am sure the music, graphics, and evolved weapons will be remarkable for this game as well :]

Wow, I haven't played any of the Zelda games in years! I'm really excited for this new 2015 version of the game though!

After playing the awesome Zelda A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS I am very excited for the changes they are making in the Zelda series to keep it fresh. That is why I am so excited for the Wii U version of Zelda. I hope they really push for more of an open-world game play instead of a linear style.

The open ended world seems nice but I just hope that it's not too open ended. I don't want to have to travel to each side of the map searching for something ya know? Older Zelda games had open worlds but they also had structure. If they're trying to just make it so you roam until you find something useful then I don't think I'll enjoy it much lol.

It'll still be closed off, but there are more side areas to do side quests from the look of it, with such sweeping animations