Your thoughts on the 360 Hardware...

asylum_boy

Executive Editor
Registered
Aug 2, 2005
On My Throne
....With what has come out for the 360 so far, what is the best piece of hardware on the 360??....What would be the one overall major boost that puts the 360 on the next level??....It could be as big as how many core processors it has to as little as the new and improved controller....As i have been called a tech geek for many years, my favorites would be the :darkside: Media Center Extender(not hardware, i know), :darkside: the hard drive(gotta love gaming on the go), and last but not least, :darkside: the plethora of USB ports(so much expansion, not enough time)

I believe that the best hardware for the 360 is the wood finish faceplate. It really makes the room. Thus concludes my interest in the 360.

I like the feel of the controller, but the beauty of it for me is the potential for upgrades. New hard drives, possible keyboards, etc. could keep the 360 fresh without forking out another chunk of change two years from now.

and Cuinneas, go play with your paddle ball. Focus your anger on the ball and pray that Chuck Norris and Master Chief have ignored you.

Maverick said:
Did Bill Gates buy your home without you knowing and burn it or something?

I am a big fan of Bill Gates and Microsoft. They do a lot of good stuff around here and Microsoft has come up with so much cool stuff that affects pretty much all of us. I jsut don't care for their contribution to the gaming world for the most part.

YOU take that back!!....or we'll send you an Ngage (JUST KIDDING!!) and you can see how a company can run the business into the ground....sorry for whoever made that system....

If nothing else, Cuin, you should be thrilled that the improvements the xbox brought to the table pushed the rest of the industry to bring out better stuff. Be glad you never dealt with the Nintendo Dolphin and that the Big N decided to pull back and release the Gamecube instead. Otherwise, they would just now be releasing the GC. Without Xbox, the push to get things online would not have made it to us for years. Competition drives innovation. Stay in Mario World all you want, but Mario wouldn't be half the plumber he is today without the Master Chief showing up.

I don't hold much stock in hardware. As the PS2 has proven to me with the past 2 years, with the right people working on a game you can make a console play a game that it should not be capable of.

Hank makes a great point. New and improved hardware is always shiny and beautiful, but blood pumping heart of any system (including the versatile 360) will always be the games. If MS can bag some kick butt developers they can push what they already have beyond imagination.

With that said, a handy aray of peripherals is always a plus. I'd like to see a functional, but stylized, keyboard. The faceplates are a little token, might as well by a skin for the whole box (cheaper than the faceplate) and make it look really cool. Additional USB ports would also be cool, for all those unforseen gadgets ya just gotta have.