Yet Another Pointless Diversion

Webimpulse

Xbox Wh--er, Staff Writer
Registered
Aug 8, 2005
Sodus, NY
Another Pointless Diversion - Game Icons and Living Space

Well, people have been doing other fun things that revolve around response games to basic questions, so I thought I'd do a fun distraction that would actually have...well, not intelligence, but more than just a few words for a response, and something that would hopefully turn out hilarious.

This will revolve around what could be considered one of the most visible icons/idols of each platform of video gaming in existence today (i.e. one icon for one platform):

• GameCube/Revolution: Samus Aran
  • Xbox/Xbox 360: Master Chief (let's face it, he'll make an Xbox 360 appearance, it's guaranteed)
  • PC: Gordon Freeman
  • PlayStation 2/3: Solid Snake

Now, the thing you might think this is leading towards is: who would win in a fight?

But I'm not going to ask that. I'm going to ask something different.

The question to be asked in regards to the four icons above is:

What would happen if they all shared the same apartment?

With that question in mind, please answer it in the funniest way ever.

I shall now depart and let the hilarity ensue.

Samus as the Nintendo icon?

Heresy.

But yeah...I'd have to say all the others are right. I think that Samus and Master Chief would hook up, and everyone would hate Gordon Freeman because he refuses to talk to any of them.

Solid Snake would constantly be tying up the phone lines to talk to his superiors.

Hmm...haven't thought of who Snake'd be working for here. I haven't played MGS3, so I don't know who he'd be working for there, but for now I'd assume he's working for Otacon. Would be funnier that way. :)

And if you think about it, Solid Snake is almost the polar opposite of Gordon Freeman. Freeman doesn't talk at all, while Snake does almost nothing but talk. Er...wait...that probably wasn't a good idea to say out loud. :duck:

Okay, Snake is taking pictures of Samus while she's asleep, jerking in her locker and sending the images to Otacon.

*Samus struting around in bikini, singing to herself*

Samus- I'm too sexy for for the catwalk, too sexy for the catwalk . . .

*Snake peeking through keyhole*

Snake- Oh yeah baby, thats what I like. Yeah jump up and down a little.

*Master Chief walking down the hall sees Snake peeking at Samus*

MC- Hey Snake whatcha doin'? Spying on Sam? Is she hot?

Snake- Hell yeah you gotta see her!

MC- Okay! *takes off helmet* Okay so I just look through the keyhole and . . .

*Snake frightened at the sight of MC real face*

Snake- Ahhhhhhhh! Dude what the hell happened to your face?! It looks like you have two asses!

MC- I've been banged up in a lot of intergalactic wars. Come on its not that bad.

*Samus opens her door to see what the comotion is about*

Samus- What the hell is going on out here I . . . *sees MC's face* Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Snake- Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

MC- Real adult guys.

Samus- Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

MC- Come one guys its not . . .

Snake- Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Samus- Ahhhhhhhh!

Gordon- . . . . . . . .

Snake- Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

MC- I am not an animal!

*Gordon grabs a crowbar and hits MC in the back of the head*

*Samus, Snake, & Gordon toss MC in the recycling bin*

Samus- Who should we make our new roommate?

Yeah, I think MC should never take his armor off. Does he in either of the games? I think that could make for a lot of amusing potential.

Some characterization ideas:

Samus is a bitch because she is used to working solo and not having roommates. Everything everyone else does irritates her.

MC never takes his armor off. That alone could be insanely funny.

Snake is the super serious soldier, always sneaking around, perhaps narrating his actions.

Gordon, hmmm. I don't really know his character. Maybe the dork of the group? Making breakfast for everyone, cleaning up the apartment. I don't have a handle on him.

In the ending to Halo 1 he is shown taking his helmet off, but they don't show his face. And in Halo 1 he is shown putting his helmet on, but they still don't show him.

And Gordon wouldn't work out. SILENT PROTAGONISTS ARE DEAD.

Samus has yet to utter a discernable word.

In fact, pop quiz: what is the one line that is actually spoken in any Metroid game?

Actually, Samus does speak in Metroid Fusion. There's no voice actor, but she is displayed as speaking in the dialog text.

ImagoX said:
See.... this is why I never do threads like this. :)

You mean you didn't like it?! You know I try and I try, but you guys don't appreciate it. "Oh here's another funny post from Mav, lets just ignore it or tear it down." Your breaking my spirit! Meanie! *runs off to cry in a corner*