Yet again I'm still $500 in the hole

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
Once again Sony lost another title to the 360. Vitural Fighter 5 will come on the 360 in the summer. That makes 3 titles Sony got backed doored on. Assassins Creed and GTA4 along with other titles that Sony has gotten from the 360 catolog (Elder Scrolls& FEAR). Chosing systems now will be more on who you love and how much money you have. You can get a PS3 because look at the games most of them are coming or on the 360. Or you can get the 360. Other than Halo 3 and Killzone 2 There is not much different from either company's offering. And if the rumors are true then MGS4 and DMC4 could pop up on the 360. AND THAT WOULD PUT ME IN THE HOLE.

But on the bright side if you have a 360 now you can try to get a Wii and be happy with those two because right now the PS3 is not looking so cool now.

True. Sony's got a lot ahead of them, but I'm sure they've got some material up their sleeve that has yet to be released. I really SERIOUSLY hope MGS4 does not go to 360 as it really deserves to simply stay with Sony. The games are great.

What about the next Final Fantasy? Is that going with Sony?

Hm... before it was released, I didnt think the PS3 would be hurting so bad.

Speaking of Final Fantasy though, I always thought a good idea for Sony would be to remake Final Fantasy VII for the PS3... I mean, look at the success of Advent Children in the FF community. I'd even be tempted to buy a PS3 if FF7 had a makeover. It would just be that cool. I can see a bundle package now: PS3, reborn FF7, and a to-scale size replica of Cloud's Buster Sword. Oh, and a ethical advertising scheme to promote all that would be nice.

To comment on FFVII: When I first heard rumors swirling about the tech demo recreating FFVII's opening FMV, I was brutally conflicted. I guess I still am about the whole FFVII potential remake. To me, that's almost like--I don't know--taking some animal from the wild, genetically modifying it so that it becomes an intended better version of itself in a sense, then releasing it back into the wild. To do that with FFVII--to extend the analogy--is to threaten or corrupt the established ecosystem of ideas. Besides, I can't fathom it being remade without the original team. No Sakaguchi for one.

However, I doubt many share this concern, so it might be a good idea from a financial standpoint for Sony.

What happened to the original FFVII team? You never know though, a new team could pull it off. Look to Diablo II. Well, that's probably not a very good example. The originals left after the game was released and a new team simply released heavy updates for it. Yeah, definitely not a good comparison but still.

I'd love a remake, it'd be more amazing than the game already is.

I want a PS3, screw you many.

Do you have any idea how lucky you are? I am seriously envying you right now. :(

And it's a business expense for the staff! Imagine that!

I can see Konami moving MGS4 to 360, or multi-platforming it, but I can't see Square moving the Final Fantasy series so suddenly. Sony won't lose everything, but they're making it difficult for developers to take them seriously.

listereo said:
And it's a business expense for the staff! Imagine that!

I can see Konami moving MGS4 to 360, or multi-platforming it, but I can't see Square moving the Final Fantasy series so suddenly. Sony won't lose everything, but they're making it difficult for developers to take them seriously.

I agree, I see Square keeping Final Fantasy with Sony and its PS3. As for MGS, who knows. Anything is certainly possible. It's hard to say.

I only want PS3 because my PS2 broke and I want Blu-Ray. Nothing on it interests me.