Xbox 360 Rumor mill!

RoDesignWeb

Registered
May 5, 2006
Ok I got this from http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=669585 where the person said "Take these rumors with a very big grain of salt. It was from a Spanish site, so the translations may not be 100% accurate." However, it is fun to dream. Plus a lot of these make sense.

-Xbox 360 Premium Pack price is going to drop $100 in October.
-Xbox 360 Core Pack price is going to drop $80 in October
-Gears of War is going to be released the last week of October with an huge marketing campaign at global scale.
-HD-DVD for the next month of September. Add-on that you can connect to the USB 2.0 port. It is going to be priced for $100
-New HardDisk Drive with 100GB of storage, price and date not specified.
-Webcam "My Eye on you", for the month of September with a price of $50 without game and $75 with a game.
-Xbox Backward compatibility list is going to be updated in June with 50 new titles
-The capacity of the Xbox Live Servers is going to be 5 times more than the actual servers
-Halo 3 is going to be in the market the next month of March, in E3 we are going to see the first videos.
-Possibility of an "urban game" that could be GTA. Microsoft is working on it and this isn´t a joke.
-A possible price drop in Xbox Live Gold or it is going to be free because they are going to get money with promotional advices.
-From the next month of October we are going to change some records in some games for "MSpoints".
-Paramount Pictures and Microsoft has anounced an agreement where Paramount is going to provide HD content to Xbox Live.
-NBC has signed with Microsoft for the possibility of see the online tournaments like an sports live retransmisión.
-Aliance between Epic and Microsoft for exclusive content in Xbox Live.
-Creation of a Dashboard for kids.
-A new service in june: Download and play.
-Rare is working in Kameo 2 since before the release of Kameo. Is going to come before than expected.
-MS is working for an upgraded friend list (until 200 contacts)
-Virtual Console with Sega games before the next month of October
-An spectacular upgrade in the number of Xbox Live Arcade games in the next months.
-New look for Dashboard.

For example, the price drops would be reasonable considering that the original Xbox dropped in price by that much after only 6 months. Also, we know that HD-DVD drives are coming to the 360, we know that halo 3 is most likely coming in spring '07 to compete with a PS3 launch, it makes sense that Kameo 2 would be coming out since the first was very successful, back compatability updates sound pretty obvious, a new dashboard for kids would make sense if they want to compete with the revolution, etc. etc.

Lets face it, Microsoft is probably better than almost everybody out there when it comes to marketing and the timing and the pricing of almost all these rumored things would make complete sense. The only thing that I am not sure about is the download + play rental service.

I like how the Virtual Console thing made it on there. That deal is for Nintendo. Only thing that might happen is a price drop but I don't see that coming anythime soon.

Well, it is possible to do the virtual console thing....i don't know if it will be with Sega....but Capcom is rehashing some old favorites from days of old on the Xbox Live Arcade............so i guess any of that stuff is possible and you know Bill knows his shit

But they called it the Virtual Console. That's what strikes me as funny. The same deals and name that Nintendo is using was put rumored. Some of this rumor must be like a year old.

1. Xbos already has a Service set up and the name will not change.

2. No deal has been made to house old Sega games for the 360.

3. From what I've seen so far XBLA ( Xbox Live Arcade ) key word Arcade. To me means that most of the games we may see on the Service has bee Arcade titles. Midway said the MKII will be on the XBLA. And it was A Arcade game.

I really don't think that Xbox will have pure console games on the Arcade. More arcade games my be it's fit.

Virtual Console, that sounds funny...

I can hear me saying this one day, "I've got a virtual console, though I can't see it, I know it's there... somewhere..."

That would be cool if the price drops on the 360, that way some people (like myself) could afford it and all the toys that go along with it...

I really dig the thought of any console supporting the old arcade games too, that would be a blast to see...

Also, I don't think Blockbuster will rush to have movies in the HD-DVD or Bluray formats, so I'm not interested to much in the rumored hardware....

Peace,

Hmm...360 comes out first, then drops its price drastically when the other system comes out...
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone thinking Gamecube?