Xbox 360 Elite Package!

DaveMack

Super Staff Dude
Registered
Apr 20, 2006
Buffalo, NY
There's much to discuss and if you missed it, The Elite package will include:
- A black Xbox 360 (controller and live headset are black also!)
- A HDMI port and HDMI calbe
- A 120 GB HD
- No HD-DVD or integrated WiFi support (Microsoft still hasn’t broken here yet)
- Will run cooler than the early 360 units (65nm chips aren’t confirmed yet)
- All for a grand total of - $479

I've got some questions including, does this mean a price cut is coming soon with the 65nm chips? Are future Premium buyers getting the 120/HDMI included? Why no WiFi? Will we see a revolt by early owners on the 360s?

I bought my 360 early and now don't even have my 360 because it overheated and is probably sitting in a heap in Bill Gates front yard. Is this what i get for my dedication? A overheating box with a tiny HD and no HDMI? I wouldn't blame early 360 adopters if they get pissed, I know i'm not pleased........

Yeah it's messed up. But I also heard that current owners can upgrade to the 120GB HD. The price wasnt stated, but it did say that it would be less than $200.
But how would you transfer your save files and whatnot?
And what exactly is HDMI?

HDMI is High Defenition Multimedia Interface, It is one cable that connects the HDTV video and Optical 7.1 (I believe) sound. That and their going to sell the 120 HD for under 200?!?! I spent $400 on my 360 that overheated and started acting like a NES (I had to try repeatedly to get it to work). And now that Microsoft realizes that 20 GB is WAY to small, everyone else benefits from their ineptitude! I don't have a HDTV, but i would have liked the option for a HDMI cable. Just seems like a rip off that the early owners get screwed and late adopters get bonus stuff.