World of Warcraft

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
For those of you who don't read my gournal, which is probably most people seeing as I have only managed to fool a few of you into thinking that I am worthy of attention, I recently purchased WoW. Currently only two of my friends play the game. And while we have had fun questing, I would like to expand my WoW community. Therefore, anyone in the mygamer circle who is interested in hanging out in Azeroth let me know. While I am new to the game, I already enjoy it immensely. So, if you are inclined, send me a PM or an email.

I play WoW too. Got Alliance Character on Mannorath and horde character on Proudmoore.

PM me if you are on either of those servers...or just post it here.

I am on Gilneas. But I am not beyond creating another character. Let's give it another week or so and see if we can get anymore responses. Thanks.

no prob. I'm not going to be on a whole hell of a lot though...right now my gnome mage is like 10 on mannorath (although I do have an 18 pally i don't play anymore) and my orc warrior is 22 or 23 or something like that on Proudmoore.

im gonna get it soon hopefully

i will contact you when i get it (hopefully for birthday)

Just make sure you keep your cyber Rping to a minimum.

Keep your rocket IN your pocket.

If I had money I'd be on there...

Last edited:
oh I just started a character today on the Suramar server. Sadly, it's on my boyfriend's account so I'll only be able to play on random weekends. But it's still cool!

assuming you don't all come on at once I'd probably throw some gold or a bag or something your way to help you when you're getting started...then again, I only have so much money to throw around.

Dammit Katie, you should have started a character on one of our servers. Unless you and Pat can play at the same time, then it would have made sense. Other then that, it is like the Chewbacca defense: IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

What are the RP servers and what are they like? I was thinking about making my toons on the Dark Iron server (that's where all the Penny Arcade guys hang out) but I don't think that they're much into the RP side.

RP is "Role Playing." Essentially the difference is that there is a lot less tolerance for idiots. You'll find a lot of people go all out and talk like dwarves, orcs, gnomes, etc. It is kind of weird. But generally if you are polite and know how to spell and don't bust out "OMGWTFBBQ!!!!" every two seconds you'll probably be fine.

I don't think trying to create a char on Dark Iron is a great idea. I wanted to do the same thing but it is so full due to the PA and PvP fans that there is almost always a que to get on during the busy times of the day. I'm on one of the first rounds of servers that went up (Mannorath) and I still don't have that problem. Dark Iron has been up for like 3 months.

Also, I don't think the PA guilds are accepting any new members. I could be wrong though.

wijg said:
Dammit Katie, you should have started a character on one of our servers. Unless you and Pat can play at the same time, then it would have made sense. Other then that, it is like the Chewbacca defense: IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Since when have I been a rational, logical person? I never make sense!

No, I was unclear and you misunderstood me...

I mean WHICH are the RP servers (what are their names) and what it is like in there? I've been role-playing since, oh, I dunno, probably 1980, so I know what role-playing IS... I wa sjust curious about how deep people really are on those servers. Ideally, I'd get into a RP Guild when I fonally get the app loaded and get signed on.

I've heard that there's a line sometimes to get onto Dark Iron, but I'm not too worried- I usually get on VERY late in the evenings, so I'm not all that concerned- what I really wonder is what kind of play goes on in there as opposed to a RP server?

Thanks!

Image: Oh, I'm sorry. To properly answer your question they actually tell you the types of server when you are deciding. There are not a whole lot of RP servers (I think there are 8) and about half of them are full. Still, when you log in and go to pick your server from the list it tells you the name, the type (RP, PvP, PvE or Normal) and how full it is. There are also servers in different time zones so that may play a factor in which one you pick (although I don't think you can find out until you log into the server and check the built in clock).

As for the people, I only played briefly on an RP server but found the people to be a lot more friendly, knowledgable, and less obnioxious. Definately worth checking out. It probably won't be up to your standards but it usually far outweighs the regular servers.

ImagoX said:
I was thinking about making my toons on the Dark Iron server (that's where all the Penny Arcade guys hang out)

That is what I would love to create with Mygamer, though I don't think we could garner enough people. But what we have here is a start.

Matt, so do you already have the game or are you soon to get the game? Or do you just want to get the game?

Don't sweat the fee... that's what stopped ME from playing City of Heroes for a while, but I found that there's SO much to do in a good MMO (especially if you play with a good group of friends) that you'll feel that the money is well spent. In fact, I probavbly SAVED several hundred dollars i the year I spent heavily into City of Heroes, because I wasn't playing so many crap games and wasting my money on ones that "might" be good. A good MMO offers periodic content upgrades, new missions, new stuff to collect, new monsters, new areas... in short, it's like getting a $30 or $40 add-on pack every few months.

Exactly. I don't play WoW excessively but it gives me something to do instead of going to rent a game every week or buying some DVDs I don't really need or buying a game on a whim. I'm spending less thatn $15 a month on pretty much an endless amount of entertainment that keeps on changing.

And, like Image said, the people are a big part of it. If you are in a good guild it really makes all the difference.