World of Warcraft = Brain Sucker!!

ImagoX

PC Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
www.freakygamer.com
Jesus... a friend gave me a WoW free trial (yes, I've never really played, shocking, I know) and it's totally eating my brain. So far it's a great MMO, and I'll be interested to see if it keeps my interest.

Who's playing and which server(s) are you on? So far I just have a lvl 8 Night Elf Hunter, Liassa on Draka (regular server) but I'll be making a RP character on Thorium Brotherhood later on.

Sleep? Feh. Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.

:cookiemon

Welcome to the Cult Matt.

Gilneas Server
Faaye 45 NE Rogue
Rylaea 38 NE Priest

Detheroc Server
Eponine 23 (I think) UD Warlock

Detheroc is a PvP server, but I haven't played Eponine in a long time. My friends are on Gilneas and since getting our mounts, we have been playing together more frequently. I would love to meet up in the game if our servers cross. Let me know.

I play on Icecrown. Only recently started getting hooked, had account for quite a while, thus my characters are all quite low level.
Thechemist: level 18 undead warlock
Miq: level 25 tauren druid
Angina: level 16 undead priest
plus others unmentionable

Yes welcome to the time drain! It is a ton of fun but will eat away anything you call a social life. I'm on Mannoroth which is one of the top 2 servers which means tons o lag. If you find your way on there then give "Valker" a tell. Hope you enjoy yourself

LOL... join a laggy server on purpose? No thanks. :cookiemon You should migrate to a new server wheneve they make a new one of the right type. I play so far all on Draka, which seems relatively lag free.

I got tired of waiting last night to get in (20 minutes), so I changed servers and alas, EVERY server had a long wait. Looks like trying at 7 pm just won't cut it since the Christmas blitz of new people. Next time I'll log in right when I get home. That'll make my gf happy when she comes home and I'm playing WoW nonstop for hours.

Draka.....OK! I won't play there much because I have real actual family in Icecrown, but I can make some toons over there. But on busy nights with lag and waits, I'll be there. Besides, aliance is a good change of pace for me. Only so many times I can complete a quest and hear, "For the Horde."

Draka is a "Standard" server, so if yiou like PvP you'll have to gank an NPC or something. Perosnally, I LIKE not having to worry every 2 seconds that someone's sneaking up behind me... :cookiemon

Oh, and most of my toons are Alliance, and my wife's primary is Alliance as well, so that's the faction I usually play for. I have a Taurene Shaman, but the Hoarde realms of Mulgore ands the Barrens (whwere I've been spending most of my time) sort of put me to sleep.... The Alliance realms, especially Dun Moragh are just SO much cooler IMHO.

Cool cool. I prefer Normal servers because I hate getting murdered by someone 30 levels above me for no reason other than that they can. I'll probably play tonight and see if I can run a hunter or warlock up to 10 or so. yay

Add these folks to your Friends list then:

Alliance:

Liassa (my main, a DE lvl 18 Hunter)
Bromn (Dwarf Pally, lvl 9)
Kimmy (Gnome Rogue, really my AH drone)
Patty (my wife's Hunter, currently lvl 9)

I'll also be rolling up a Human Warlock today at some point and will list his name here after I do and lock in a name.

Sweet, maybe I'll go Human so we can hit the newb quests together, since you're rolling a lock, I'll make him or her someone tankable or possibly a healer type. I'll most likely be logging on somewhere around 5 PM pac time though so I might be a little bit late for you. I'll definitely add those names to friends list though.

My priest hit 40 the other day, so both of my primary characters are mounted. Now starts the long grind of fiscal responsibility for the epic ones.

I have a level 19 human paladin named Eitak on the Raxxar server. It's the newest server, but I still had a 20 minute queue to get in once. Most of the time it's okay though. I can't wait to go back to Philly so I can play some more. I'm so addicted that I had a dream in which I had a WoW lifebar in the corner of my vision the whole time.

Ironically, I think the newer servers are where you have the most queues. I am on Gilneas, which I believe is a fairly old and full server. However, I believe it is "full" because it has a lot of characters registered to the server. Only a fraction of these characters still play anymore. I have only had to wait in a queue a handful of times. When I first started the game, though, I initially joined a new server before I knew which one my friend was on, and it had queues right off the bat. So the lesson is come to Gilneas and fight me.

TheChemist said:
I'll most likely be logging on somewhere around 5 PM pac time though so I might be a little bit late for you. I'll definitely add those names to friends list though.

LOL!! 5PM is only 8PM MY time, and I usually get on after 9:30 and play till 11:30 or midnight.

My Warlock is "Catrya" and my wife's Hunter is "Patty", and if you see one then you'll almost certainly see the other. My main for solo play is "Liassa".

See you on Draka!