Will arcade games make a comeback?

Many gamers that are older than me talk about how much they miss arcade games. Most of them talk about the Mortal Kombat arcade games and how amazing they were back then. I've never gotten into arcade games, and I don't think I ever will. But for all of you who used to play arcade games, do you think they'll ever make a comeback, or do you think that at-home gaming systems have permanently taken their spot?
Arcade were great back in the early 90's and I could recall seeing them a lot in the US. I believe they are still big in Japan and that is a plus for them. I played Virtua cop in the Funworks place when we used to have it before it closed.

I think at some stage it could happen and would be good to see, and could get people back to arcade games and if good graphics put in and interesting may do well. I think it would be good for adults and people who, enjoyed it and would like it back in the market. I think some of the fighting games were amazing and also, it would be challenging fighting the computer and avoiding the moves in time and the music was good to hear while playing.

BARcade is brilliant. I would love to find a bar with all the old favorite arcade games in it. I used to love the arcade.

I don't really see arcades making a comeback, but the bars and stuff that have those games should do well. Some of us older people have good memories, so there's the nostalgia factor, plus it seems that younger people are a bit intrigued.

The social dynamic has changed though. When I was a kid, we couldn't wait to go out, be out, be with other people. Now, more and more people "socialize" online. I see more kids playing video games at home or going on Facebook, etc. than going out.

It was great fun to go hang out at the arcade, talking, laughing, listening to good music, competing for the high score... ah, the good old days. ;)

BARcade is brilliant. I would love to find a bar with all the old favorite arcade games in it. I used to love the arcade.

I don't really see arcades making a comeback, but the bars and stuff that have those games should do well. Some of us older people have good memories, so there's the nostalgia factor, plus it seems that younger people are a bit intrigued.

The social dynamic has changed though. When I was a kid, we couldn't wait to go out, be out, be with other people. Now, more and more people "socialize" online. I see more kids playing video games at home or going on Facebook, etc. than going out.

It was great fun to go hang out at the arcade, talking, laughing, listening to good music, competing for the high score... ah, the good old days. ;)
It would be fun seeing an arcade inside the bar actually working. I have never been in a bar which is a major bummer for me. If the bar had any arcades in it hope it is something worth it.

Sometimes I think that all those iPhone games that have so many in-app purchases are similar to arcade games. Of course, you don't get all the atmosphere of actually being in an arcade, but that pay per play principle is there.

As for a real comeback, I think it's awesome that a new bar that opened near me has 3 or 4 pinball machines at the back This isn't a dedicated arcade bar or anything, just a young person's bar. I save my money from the beer and put a few coins in the pinball instead now!

I think at some stage it could happen and would be good to see, and could get people back to arcade games and if good graphics put in and interesting may do well. I think it would be good for adults and people who, enjoyed it and would like it back in the market. I think some of the fighting games were amazing and also, it would be challenging fighting the computer and avoiding the moves in time and the music was good to hear while playing.
I agree. I think fighting games are best played at an arcade or at least somewhere that people can gather physically instead of online because it just creates a lot of energy to not only play but also even just being a spectator. There are clubs now where fighting games are played but I think gathering around at an arcade fighting game still has a very different vibe to it.