WiiWare (on original Wii)

squallsnake

Editor In Chief
Staff member
Jan 27, 2013
Chicagoland
squallsnake.com
It is Oct 2015 and Nintendo just released the Cruncyroll app on WiiWare. That's right. Wiiware. As in the original Wii.

Speaking of which, I actually have $10 worth of WiiWare credit I need to use. Which $10 game should I download? I already have Contra Rebirth but was thinking about getting Castlevania Rebirth to go with it.

There has to be some sleeper hit WiiWare games that I don't know about. It was the most underused service in comparison to PSN and 360 Arcade/Live.

Huh. I didn't know they were still supporting new stuff on the Wii. Guess Crunchyroll isn't a big deal to shove on there? That or the number of Wii users still outweighs the number of Wii U users.

If you like platformers, I'd say the Mega Man games are a good bet. None of them are amazingly long, but I don't recall them being very expensive on the Wii either. Could pick up Cave Story, as well, though... might not be much point if you can get it for free on the PC...

Good call. I already own Cave Story. Great game. Contra Rebirth actually wasn't that bad either. Not great, and the graphics are fuzzy, but still fun especially co-op.

I feel like WiiWare never got the recognition that it might have deserved compared to PSN or XBLA. There has to be some hits I don't know about...