Wii Virtual Console, best thing ever?

Solitudinarian

Registered
Mar 21, 2006
Denver, CO
For anyone still on the fence as to which next-gen system to buy and anyone who grew up with the NES, SNES, Sega Master, Genesis systems, this should be the ultimate convincer; Wii Virtual Console. This is a quote from the Nintendo website about it.

Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.

How cool is this.

Yes that is one of the reasons I will be getting a Wii. Its also why I like my 360. Sony you better have something great planned for me. Other than DMC4, FFXIII, and MGS4. Right now Nintendo amd MS are giving me what i want right now. The are sweet talking me into bed faster then Sony is.

I have a feeling that Indie developors are going to get the chance to carve out a spot on the 360 and PS3 as well.

I am totally excited about the virtual console.... I really hope that I can get my network shite figured out where I live though to make that work.

I'm reluctant to go with the VC. Unannounced prices at this point means that they won't be cheap enough to buy en masse.

I wouldn't say "best thing ever".

I can play them for fr- Er. Nevermind.

Well Sony has the PSX games for PSP which looks pretty good, but the library ain't as expansive.

Should be cool though all-in-all.

Hmm, expanding on what Taku was going to say, I wonder if Nintendo will be more vigilant in cracking down on the emulation/rom community in regards to copyrighted material. And I also wonder if we'll see any of those guys who are developing hacks and original content in the emulation community come over to the Virtual Console and start some work. Those guys got a lot of advanced knowledge going in.