Why Nintendo is not hyping the Revolution.....

I stand firm on Mario being the one that whores himself out. I mean seriously, how many titles does he have compared to luigi. I would not be surprised though if luigi used his vacuum to promote Mario and then Mario would go trampsing about with his hose from mario Sunshine. Awww yeeeah. That's what happens when Nintendo starts writing games for PS and XBOX

Although, XBOX and PS have such high graphics... i don't think I want to see Mario and Luigi whoring themselves out with that much detail.

hehe.... so there is a downfall to too many polygons!

Well, Christmas has come and gone. When d'you think we'll start to see hype about Revo? I'm going to be conservative and say late February or early March. It's January and nobody has any money left over to think about buying stuff like that.

they'll wait until PS3 reveals their system and their pricing. While people are in shock and begin to clutch their wallet to their chest, with lip quivering and tears forming in their eyes, knowing they can't really afford it but wanting it all the same... THAT is when the opportune moment will open and NES will strike. They will come out swinging too. Their best Mario, or Zelda will tantalize and entice gamers to spend less money on a system they will definitely love. Sure they may end up with a PS3, 360, and a Revo, but you can save up for the rest.

They were smart to not take on the 360 and then be struggling from that fight when the PS3 hits the market. The Revo would have been lost in the mix. Microsoft made a grievous error when they didn't have enough 360's to go around. Gamers that would have bought one earlier may wait until Feb. before they get one. By that time the PS3 will be cranking up the band.

I think it would be smart on their part to take the opposite approach of the 360 and PS3. Instead of talking it up about performance and how beefed up the machine itself is, they should dazzle us with the games we will be able to play. Give us good reasons to buy a lesser machine.

I'm not trying to start something w/ any fanboys, although I don't think anyone here actually is a fanboy.

The more I think about it, the more I think something is up with Nintendo. All this talk about how the Revolution could cost less than $200, and how you can play almost every past Nintendo game on it. And while I was initially kind of excited about the controller, it's starting to look more like a gimmick to me. I don't care what people say, you won't be able to play a lot of games with it, or gameplay will be extremely simplified for some titles. I know people view their strategy as trying to be different, and that they are trying to appeal to a family market. And while that may fly in Japan, I seriously doubt the "family" thing will work in the US. It doesn't matter how simple the gameplay is, most adults still feel console videogames are for children. And even if they don't think they're just for kids, most believe they're for adults who act like big kids at times. They would never give serious projects like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell, or Prince of Persia a chance. For these reasons and more, I think Nintendo will be very underwhelming in the next-gen war. I really believe they're giving us next to nothing because they have next to nothing, which is why I think they're holding off on the Zelda game, from what I understand.

As far as I can tell, you can plug GC controllers right into the unit, so many ported games will likely use it. I'm sure as many N-developed games will use the new controller exclusively, though.

And as for family gaming. Perhaps N realizes that their original gaming audience is grown up and is having kids. Maybe we're the old-people they're targeting.

haha, I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that the gaming generation is growing up and wanting more games. Heck, I don't even have cable or satellite at home, but dang if I don't have a PC and a 360. I'm afraid that Mav may be right, though. Is the big N trying to apply the philosophy and market approach that got them on the map twenty years ago? If so, then they will fail.

Argh. We totally are the old people that Nintendo is targeting. they always talk about older gamers and I never really tossed myself into the category.