Why Nintendo is not hyping the Revolution.....

I think the Revo will do just fine, as a back-up system. They know to go small, suck up the pieces left by the big dogs, rebuid their fanbase by making fun games at decent prices. Let the superpowers go to war, they don't mind coming in 2nd, as long as it isn't a distant 3rd. IF they can rebuild that fanbase and widen their market share, then they can release a top end system a few years down the road. They know better than to directly challenge Sony and Microsoft. That's smart on their part.

The fact that Nintendo overtook Atari was mentioned a few posts back. Unless I am gravely mistaken, this battle was between two video game companies. Again, Microsoft and Sony are not video game companies.

And while one could promote the logic that Nintendo should be doing better because it is a video game company, it is all a matter of money. Microsoft and Sony have a lot more of it.

When Nintendo first entered the gaming market, though, it was kind of like a small conglomerate. They did some work with electronics, real estate and board/card games. Nintendo actually had its own line of by-the-hour hotels throughout Japan. It didn't become a strictly gaming company until the NES hit big.

Edit- I checked out wikipedia and Nintendo has made card games, board games, a taxi service, by-the-hour hotels, vacuums, video games AND owns most of the Seattle Mariners.

Oh. I didn't know that. Well, I guess this is just another example of how bad I suck. Who made me GC editor again?