Why do you choose PC over console?

WOWaddict

Registered
Oct 21, 2015
I have always been a PC fan. It does cost more to build a good PC but I love the usability and modding capabilities of PC. I also love Steam! But why do you use PC?

I have game consoles and do play them occasionally but I prefer my PC because of the modification that I can make to it. I can build a Desktop from the case up without thinking much about the process and changing out the parts for better ones is simple. When you have a console like the PlayStation it is much more difficult to modify and I like the ability to get on my PC and look up different games that are free to play. Its not that easy with a game console.

It has better longevity hardware wise compared to consoles plus I can upgrade at any time with it, can't really do that on a console. Bang for buck, my PC does more overall since it's a work station and entertainment station rolled it one. Not only that but PC games allow for modding which really increases its replayability. But overall my PC is a huge part of my life since I do work with it and play games on it. I can live without a TV and console, but a PC is a must in my life.

I agree with @Cereus. A PC has more versatility than a gaming console, such as ability to be used for work, while also offering multiple means of entertainment. While newer gaming consoles offer streaming media content online, streaming media on a PC seems to be less prone to glitches.

In terms of game comparisons on PC versus gaming consoles, I have found that while playing the same game for PC and XBOX 360 (The Sims 3), the PC option offered much more versatility as well as many more options and features throughout the game. PC is the way to go for games like The Sims.

Simply because the games I want to play are for the PC. First was Everquest, then World of Warcraft and Starcraft.

Mainly for the fact that I can use emulators to play games from my childhood without having to pay a ridiculous amount. I have a nice collection of SNES ROMS that I go back to when I'm bored and I feel like playing retro games.

PC has a ton of advantages over consoles, in my opinion. While consoles have that cool, "have a couch party and play Mortal Kombat with your friends" thing, the PC more then makes up for that with tons of really great quality mods for almost all of its games, as well as, giving you lots of options to customize and upgrade your rig. Also, emulators are a huge bonus on the PC as well, as fellow posters have said.

I've been a PC gamer my entire life, so I naturally have a huge bias for PC from the start. Aside from that, PC has better graphics and exclusives in my opinion. CSGO and Civ 5 and Skyrim are my top 3 most played games on steam, and I can confidently say the communities for all 3 have kept me engaged via mods, esports, etc. I also prefer Keyboard and Mouse of a controller.

Since many of my friends have a console i think about this alot. Ofcourse the fact that none of my friends really play pc is shit, Its still so much better than console because of the sole possibilities of a computer. With a computer you can play with higher graphics wich i find very important.

I jump between the two, and I still prefer playing big box games on a console. These days I find myself preferring PC mainly for all the awesome indie titles you can grab off of Steam. There's so much variety. I can see my Steam collection eclipsing my console collection within a year or two, given the rate at which I buy Humble Bundles.

Cliched answer, but it's because of the flexibility and the ability to do more than just gaming. You have a full fledged computing device in front of you that you can utilize however you want. I was never a fan of consoles. I only ever bought consoles to play exclusives. It's such a waste of money to buy all of these when you could've combined them all into one device called a PC. Thankfully the PC market is growing bigger and bigger now thanks to platforms like Steam, so I really hope all these consoles die one day and give us these damn games on PC already. Except handheld consoles, these are good anyhow since they have the mobility advantage that makes me want to buy one.

I would have to say for me usually it's because of the multiplayer. I think that online multiplayer is a lot better on a PC versus on a console. I do love console gaming, but I just prefer playing online mode on a PC.

I like how in the PC you can have games which don't require a disk and the games can be well made and sold at discounts and usually use the Steam site as if a game does not work, then I can get a refund which is good, and also there is support there in the site. It is interesting to see what the games are like and the computer games can be cheaper in most cases and you can buy them earlier than the console version which can be more costly. I reckon that it is nice to use a keyboard and also hope that more games are made and also that it can be enjoyable for the players who like the games which are sold on the PC computer.

I am definitely someone that prefers the PC over console. I think it's how comfortable I am on the PC that makes me love it more. I know the keyboard so well and the mouse allows me to have more control throughout the gameplay. I also enjoy that I can get more out of my video games through mods. Steam has so many free-to-play games that I'm never left bored- I mean, Dota 2 is a fantastic game and is available to anyone that wants to play. How great is that? I just can't bring myself to get on console unless there's some sort of exclusive I'd like to play.

I like my keyboard and mouse more than the controller. I can't tell you how weird it was playing with a controller when dealing with GTA. Plus, there is a level of comfort that comes with the PC over console varieties.

I prefer PC solely because of the convenience. I'm a pretty casual gamer so I just tend to play games on my laptop, which I also use for all my school and job related assignments. That way, I just have to invest in a slightly better laptop than buy a laptop and a console. Makes my life a little easier.

I do someday, want to get myself a gaming desktop though. As much as I love the convenience of being able to play games on my laptop whenever, I'd like something that could handle some better graphics.

I prefered PC because of many things, one is it is more convenient to play on pc , second we can see most players play on PC because consoles are way too expensive, third in chat mode (via keyboard or input panel) its way more faster to type in PC than consoles which is lacking the keys to operate it efficiently,lastly i prefered PC because its almost most games are on PC their might be exclusive games on consoles but with the technology today with PC on our era some freelance programmers converted console games to PC (even though its illegal) for more convenience.

Is their anything we cant do on PC like other devices?

PC are even gaining emulators to act like mobile devices, how much more consoles i may not know one but probably someone programmed it for there own convenience since PC was an ever fouding of technology today.

I started gaming with a PC, so I'm more used to play with a keyboard and mouse as controllers. My parents also didn't buy any gaming consoles when I was younger (not that I asked for them anyway), so I guess I just went with the flow. I enjoy playing on the Xbox and PS with my friends though, but my favorite game genres like MOBAs and RTS can only be played on the PC.

Well, I use both - I think both have their benefits, and certain games are only available on PC or only available on console, so of course that plays into it. Also, it really comes down to what my family and friends are playing - especially if it's something that we play together online. One of the best things to me about PC gaming is that most people will have a PC for some reason or another, since you can use them for so many other purposes, so I guess PC games are more accessible to people than perhaps gaming consoles are.

I would really choose the PC games because it is more convenient and works fine for me. I can do a lot of gaming in a PC compare to a gaming console. PC gaming is now becoming more popular in my country here in the Philippines than the gaming console that is why I would really considered this to have it. Besides PC games are also great and there are a lot of choices to have also.