why do the DS games look like they suck?

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
why do some games look stupid, and some of them are? and why is it that Nintendo hasnt redevoleped awsome N64 games like ocrorina of time, or banjoo- kazooie or some shit like that?

Because you touch yourself at night.

And seriously, this isn't n00b territory. If you're going to hate on the DS, you should probably not do it here, or at least give us a sensical reason.

haven't you looked at the covers though? there probably good games, but there covers are scaring away the older generation who has been with nintendo since the begining away. just look at "Trace Memory" it has anime on it that doesnt make it appealing to the games that where once was. they need to bring back the old ghetto games back, i enjoyed Mario64DS, and also The Urbz too, but THEY DO need to start going for the older generation games.

So in the case of Trace Memory, they should make it look like an entirely different game? Should they just slap Mega Man on there? Wait...no, he's to anime-ish...

And they are bringing back the "old ghetto games."

They have the "Classic NES" series, countless "Atari/Midway/Namco Arcade Treasures" compilations, Castlevania, a new 2d Mario game, Sonic Rush...the list goes on. Cmon, think about what you're saying.

Wut you dont think that nintendo should broden there horizen? i think since they should bring back some old N64 games back, that the OLDER generation would appeal to, if you think about it, the DS isnt doing so well to the PSP because its for the OLDER generation, see mabe i missed judged this anime stuff, BUT if the DS wants to make i prophet they should bring some old games back. remember the older games where some of the greatest games ever played, Nintedo just needs to make another path way for the older generation, and hey they do have a residant evil for the DS. and by the way when i mean " the old ghetto" games look at my example Zelda, mario, those are 3d graphics that i was talking about, those are the games they need to bring back ,because the DS can handle it

.... and i wouldnt mind seeing some mega man too, those are fun.

If YOU thought about it and looked up the numbers, you'd know that the PSP is, thus far, a colossal flop. The DS is destroying it in terms sales, game sales, and overall quality of games. Nintendo was deep into the black just six months after the DS's release, Sony is still waiting to break even on the PSP. And how is Zelda or Mario ghetto? Plus, the DS wouldn't be able to handle an Ocarina of Time because it only has 6 buttons. As opposed to the N64's 9. Really, the DS is already a huge, huge success, and already has a slew of excellent games. Don't be a hater.

... and there is a Mega Man on the DS. (You can also still play all of the GBA ones, too).

I totally agree with this guy. The DS is a prophet. It spoke words to me, "Follow me to true salvation. I am the word, and the word is blacklit screens and a microphone."

And okay, you're saying they can't do a game ebcause of how many buttons the thing has? You know the DS has a touch screen. They could easily make any N64 game and use the touch screen instead of some of the buttons. It's like saying that a game on the PS2 can be on the Gamecube because the Gamecube controller has a few less buttons. Come on!

Don't start with me, BC, you know there's a big difference, either that or you're simply dumb, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just go with the "you're being an ass" option. The N64 had 2 command buttons, a trigger, and four camera buttons and 2 shoulder buttons. The DS has a quartet of buttons and two shoulder buttons. Now let's take Mario 64 as an example. Mario 64 only was pretty remedial in its controls. It had punch, jump, and crounch, and used the C buttons for the camera. This could be effectively ported by mapping the C buttons to the touch pad, because they were only used for the camera. Same with Rayman. Now let's look at a game with a more elaborate control scheme, like Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of time had Slash, confirm, Navi, 3 weapons, target, shield. Now, that means they'd either need to put the C buttons on the ABXY place, put the Z-Targeting onto the L button, keep the shield at R, then map the attack button to the touch screen, which would simply SUCK. Either that or they'd have to keep the A/B buttons where they are, and map the C buttons to the touch pad. So tell me. How are you supposed to be able to lock onto an enemy with L, keep on the move with the control pad, and easily switch between the sword, shield and C button weapons effectively, and without just dropping the DS. Ya can't. They'd have to totally rework the entirety of the control scheme to port it (in which case they'd just make a new damn game), or just make a sucky game. And in case you forgot how to count, the Cube only has one less button (and don't even consider saying that Select counts).

Dammit guys, you are going to scare away a new person with very amusing grammar skills. Even though Grant, I as well have heard that the DS is doing extremely well economically. And because I haven't played OoT, I can't argue as to its ability to be translated onto the DS.

Whaaaaa?!?! Cmon Wijg! Ocarina of Time is THE most critically acclaimed game of all time! It has the highest media rating out of any game ever! You need to buy Zelda Collector's Edition on the Cube. You get both NES and N64 Zeldas in one game for only 40 bucks! Or you could go for the Ocarina of Time Master Quest for 30 (though I think Collector's Edition is the better deal)

I don't want to see Ocarina of time on the DS. What would be the point? I can play it just fine on the Cube and on my 64. I see no reason to have it on the DS. Waste of money and time if you ask me. Ah well.

since I'm new here I'm gonna comment on a dead topic. Let's see OoT DS!

Why, you ask? Because I'm in a freaking band, I spend obscene amounts of time on the road, portable games become a huge thing for me, OoT is one of my favorite games, and the DS is just damn cool.

As for the controls, why not map out the c-button items onto the d-pad, use the touch screen for control (it didn't work phenomenaly in Mario 64 DS, but this is the best I got) A for Action, B for sword, L for targeting, R for blocking, X for map, Y for the Navi/Camera button. Is it perfect? no. would I still play it? You dayum skippey.

That's pretty cool and i didn't think about that one Bowling....I think you're on to something with that control scheme..........i'd like to see a flashback arcade on the DS.....Don't flame me if it's already on there...But i don't think it is....you know the flashback arcade could be some of Nintendo's classics, as well as some of their overseas stuff that we never see over here.....That would kick A**.....It could work, being that it has the wifi capability.....I am so stuck in retro it's not even funny anymore...