What's your minute worth?

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I saw a movie yesterday in which a very rich man calculated what each of his minutes was worth (based on dividing his yearly earnings by the number of minutes in a year - which is 525,600). His was worth over $900.

My minute is worth 5 cents.

The math is correct (methinks, numbers and stuff is NOT my thing). I make $6.25/hr. Thank goodness its only a summer job. Then again, a good deal of the time I get paid for sitting there and playing Animal Crossing, writing, reading, or drawing. It's kinda nice.

$6.25 / hr US for a summer job is pretty darn good. I was making $6.40 / hr CANADIAN at my first job... that would have been about $4.25 / hr US.

Silly Voice. You're spending CDN bucks, she's spending US bucks. As long as you're not earning in one country and spending in the other, the relative worth has no bearing on the value of your money.

If a bag of chips costs 2.99, it doesn't matter if it's US or CDN, you earn your $3, you spend your $3.

scoops said:
Silly Voice. You're spending CDN bucks, she's spending US bucks. As long as you're not earning in one country and spending in the other, the relative worth has no bearing on the value of your money.

If a bag of chips costs 2.99, it doesn't matter if it's US or CDN, you earn your $3, you spend your $3.
Very true. Which is lucky for you Canadians and your worthless money :p

You'd be better grinding it into looseleaf.

Hey Potato!

What's your issue, dude? Did a mountie's horse step on your toe when you were a kid? Or maybe you're ashamed of that draft dodging uncle who lives in Vancouver ...

I know! A beaver bit your nuts off when you were jerking off away from your family's campsite in Ontario!

scoops said:

True enough, except when the lack in taxes outweighs the exchange rate... like right now, since the Canadian Dollar is so strong, going to shop in the states with it's lower tax can save money.

Ah for the days when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the American dollar.

Also, I think the post directly before my posting is awesome. I laughed :)