What would you do

cyberpinoy

Registered
Dec 6, 2014
What would you do if all the sudden BOOM your hardrive crashed. What steps have you taken to resolve this quickly?

If my harddrive crashed I would be very upset. I keep backups of all my games and the downloaded codes for safe keeping. So i may be ok. But it sure would be a pain in the butt to have to reinstall all of them then switch the game to the backup and all that. I would have to say i would probably leave my least played games out of the reinstall tho.

I wouldn't be that upset, honestly. I keep most of my photos and important data online, and with Steam, I can always buy another hard drive and install games very quickly (seeing as I've got a fast Internet connection).

It depends on which hard drive crashed. Since this is a gaming forum I'll assume you mean the one with all my games on it. I would be cool with it. I mean it would suck to need to replace the drive and redownload all my games, but I usually back up the save games over to my file drive every week or so anyway.

I would be much more devastated to lose my file drive which I need to back up sometime.

It already happened to me. Man, I was frustrated. I had all my games there and to this day I haven't replaced any of them. I also lost a lot of files, music, Word documents, among others.

Since then I rely more on cloud storage to avoid losing everything. I think that doesn't work for games and the such, but at least most of my documents are safe.

It already happened to me. Man, I was frustrated. I had all my games there and to this day I haven't replaced any of them. I also lost a lot of files, music, Word documents, among others.

Since then I rely more on cloud storage to avoid losing everything. I think that doesn't work for games and the such, but at least most of my documents are safe.

Well my games are on the Origins stream, and one time my computer updated all of a sudden and the games were taken from front screen and taken out. I, had to just install from there and it came back which was good took around a hour and half to re install on computer. Some things I can just download again, and just put it back onto the computer and will be able to use the files easily.

Probably shrug if off and buy another hard drive. Wouldn't be too worried.

I would be perfectly okay, to be honest. It would only be a hassle in so much as I would have to get a new hard drive. That's not the most difficult task in the world, though. I have plenty of games on consoles, and then it's easy enough to restore my Steam library. I'm not worried about losing a hard drive without warning.