What was the Most Challenging Boss You Have Ever Fought?

lamanlupa

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
Evil bosses are the climax of every videogame. It is the stage where you vanquish the most sinister character in the game. For me, the most challenging videogame boss was Dr. Wiley in Megaman. Yeah, it's child's play now, but during that time, he was one heavy SOB. Maybe it was because, before you tackle with him, you had a series of pre-qualifiers first. Well, when I was younger, it took me three days to beat him. How about you? Who was the heaviest evil boss you've fought and defeated?

I'd say the final boss of Ninja Gaiden. All three of the forms of the boss are just absurd, but I felt like I was on top of the world when I finished the game :D

I reckon for me it was the archdemon in Dragon Age Origins as it is a dragon and you have to fight the creature and also watch for the minions, who will attack as well and the allies you have are worth having as they fight them off for you. The fight can take around 10 minutes or longer as the dragon will shoot fire from its mouth, and fly around and destroy buildings in the process which can shake the ground. It took me a few tries as the dragon would find you easily when you try and hide and the battle was challenging, also it would take some stress on the mind which can make you think it is a hard fight.

The boss that sticks out in my mind the most is also Dr. Wily, but mine is a specific incarnation, namely the final Wily Machine from Mega Man 7. He flits about in a small capsule-like device, disappearing and reappearing in difficult-to-reach spots and firing off homing projectiles that are really hard to dodge. He also has a weakness to one of the most-difficult-to-aim weapons in the bloody game. You can use other weapons, but it takes so long to chip away at him.

A lot of the Dark Souls bosses qualify for a spot here, as well, but I expect them to be difficult, so none of them really jump to mind. The Ancient Dragon from Dark Souls 2, maybe...?

Ursula from Kingdom Hearts 1 will always be my answer to this, lol. That battle had me rage-quitting SO much... Can still hear the sound of her mouth opening/sucking Sora into the abyss.

Also, Mr. Freeze in Arkham City took me awhile. I haaaate stealth boss fights. I would freak out whenever he spotted me and nearly throw the remote. Took me a LONG time to get through that one. xD

For me, the answer to this question is an effective tie between:

1) The final battles with Dr. Wiley at the ends of Mega Man 7 and Mega Man 8! (There's a reason as to why Wiley has such a wicked grin in those battles! Come to think of it, the final fight with Dr. Wiley in Mega Man II was difficult as well!)

2) The Thunderbird from the end of The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link!

The final battle with Carnage in Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage on the SNES was particularly difficult as well!