What is your favorite Android developer?

rightct

Registered
Mar 21, 2015
I will have to go for Ketchapp. 90% of the games which they made till now ( around 25-30, if I'm not mistaken ) are very entertaining, and they would occupy your time whilst you travel by bus, car, train etc.
Their games are also addictive and you will have the urge of spending money, but I advise you not spend any dime because thereafter you will want to spend a lot, like I did.
Games which I recommend you are: Circle, ZigZag and Stick Hero. These are the ones which do the deal for me.
What about you? Have you got any favorite developer?

I honestly tend to prefer the indie games. I feel like the big developers churn out the same kind of games with a tried and tested formula which they know is safe and will do reasonably well. The indie developers tend to have a particularly 'out-of-th-box' element, whether it being unusual graphics or a quirky game mechanic. They are a bit more hit and miss but the good ones are much more enjoyable.

I honestly tend to prefer the indie games. I feel like the big developers churn out the same kind of games with a tried and tested formula which they know is safe and will do reasonably well. The indie developers tend to have a particularly 'out-of-th-box' element, whether it being unusual graphics or a quirky game mechanic. They are a bit more hit and miss but the good ones are much more enjoyable.

Do you have any indie game developers in mind? Personally, I don't really follow any Android developers because I find that almost all of them are hit and miss.

Noodlecake Studios. Damn near everything they put out is amazing.

I am madly in love with Kairosoft!! I've bought almost all of their games, played through them multiple times. I find myself always going back to them and they're really amazing value.

I really enjoy the continuation of their styles (they use many of the same graphics and characters throughout, and the same layout and similar formats) and how easy it is to play their games....but at the same time most of them are very involved.

For example Pocket Harvest is extremely involved. You have to plant crops and make facilities for visitors, while at the same time crops wont last forever - you have to have your people harvest and replant them and sometimes they can't grow for a certain season so you have to combat that. It's not one of those click to harvest and plant games which are awful, it's much better than that! You also have contests and challenges, and can level up your produce.

I think their most popular game so far is Cafeteria Nipponica which is a restaurant sim. You have to make dishes and level them up, attract customers, etc. It's not as involved as the one above but it's a good game to start with when entering Kairosoft games.

Well, since my favorite android game, Clash of Clans, is made by Supercell, I guess I can say that my favorite developer, so far, is Supercell. :D

I'm pretty fond of Gung Ho and Tiny Rebel Games. They're not exactly super-prolific but I love both Puzzle and Dragons and Doctor Who Legacy. Other than that I have a weakness for the Angry Birds games so I suppose you could say I like Rovio too. I'm also fond of Mistwalker's Terra Battle. Some of Square-Enix's mobile offerings are fantastic, too. I'm not fond of their Final Fantasy ports (they ruin the graphics) but some of their original FF-themed games are a lot of fun.

Probably Ketchapp, some people say that they might've copied some games, yadayadayada. They make good games that are actually made for phones, not games that are PC games ported to Android (although they're cool, it's not something I want to play when I have nothing to do). So yeah, Ketchapp is my favourite dev.

For me, my favorite game developer is almost my most hated at the same time. It's Gameloft, a company that makes a handful of really good games but suffers from sometimes buggy apps and a bunch of microtransactions. When things are running smoothly though, the games are incredibly fun and difficult to put down without wanting to play some more.

The Super Stickman Golf series looks very interesting. I will try them out.

As for Gameloft, I think a lot of their games are bloated. It's true that they have some great ideas, though.