What is with all the crap on XBLA lately

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
First some bad Diablo space-age clone, then some more Brain Age sims? Let's start bringing back some classics like Super Sprint and Rampage.

We seem to be at that slow time of year. Good content seems to have slowed to a trickle. Personally, I really want to play Ikaruga on XBLA.

I'm highly disappointed in the Rock Band DLC lately. There's some good stuff there, but most of it just isn't my cup of tea. On the bright side, at least gamers have time to actually catch up on all the games they probably bought last year.

SquallSnake7 said:
I got Ikaruga on Cube. I would buy it on xbla if I didnt already own it.

I actually just started playing this on the XBLA on the trial version. I am totally buying it after work today.

Totally worth the price of admission.
Maybe one day you can find a used copy of the game at some poor bastard's garage sale.

spudlyff8fan said:
Yar, Ikaruga stomps a great deal of colon. I wanna get it, but don't want to buy 2000 points.

Eh, if you do what I did and play the first level about 2 dozen times, you will fork out the MS points for it. Totally worth it. (although I have YET to beat it. Damn chapter 4 kicking my ass)

Braid aint too bad. Kinda unique that you cannot die.
Bionic Commando is pretty sweet too. I wish the co-op was online tho. still worth the $10.