What do you hope to get

cyberpinoy

Registered
Dec 6, 2014
What is it you hope to get out of gaming. Is it the thrill of beating the game, do you want to be the best at a certain game or all the games you play, do you want to become a pro gamer and make a living out of playing games like Dota 2. What is it you hope to get out of your gaming?

For me I just wan to to be the best at one of the games I play to see my name in the top ranks of the best players. I think the time for me to be a professional gamer who makes a living has long passed, but maybe one of my ids could do that instead HAHA.

I'm a huge RPG gamer, so what I most hope to get out of the game is a sense of immersion in the game's world. I want to explore the world's various cities and monster fields and everything else, and I want to go on quests, and I want to learn all about its history and its lore. (Also, I'm a huge sucker for character customization.)

For the most part I just want to be entertained. I want a game that has a good story, holds my attention for a long time, and make me want to play it over and over again when I'm done. For the most part, I think that that's about it. Good graphics and things like that help, but if a game isn't on the cutting edge in terms of graphics I still might give it a shot.

Entertainment, immersion, great story and great characters. Graphics help but aren't the end all for a game. I mean WoW's graphics are ancient, but the stylized artwork makes it live longer than games based on 'realism.'

I mostly play games for entertainment and as a way to pass the time. I love games, but I think half of the reason I love them so much is because I hate being bored. However, I do find it thrilling to play healers in MMORPG's. I love the rush that healing an entire team during a tough boss fight gives. I just click into my zone and go all out.
I also love the rush of a good PvP battle. There's not much better than the feeling you get during a well matched 10 vs 10 battle.

I'm now hooked on a certain game and although it has the potential to become a competitive sport, I don't think it is what I am aiming for since I doubt I can get to be as good at it as some of the other top players, as is the case with most video games I venture into. I just aim to get a few hours of entertainment from it each time and the satisfaction of beating the opposing team from time to time is enough to give me a good amount of enjoyment out of it.

Well I enjoy seeing the emotions on characters, and working as a team also making choices some games have grey choices which can be like not really good or bad like in Dragon age origins one king is a tyrant but is moving forward and making changes. The other king, is stuck in tradition and does not do anything good and puts caste less people away which is sad he is morally good only. I think more games are lifelike and feel like you are watching a movie and real like situations and environments improved and good action like games is what I like.

The story. The only reason I play a game, in the end, is to experience the story. Video games are a new mode of story telling, and lets you be an actual PART of stories. I don't sneeze at good game play, good graphics or interesting battles, but in the end, the story is what matters most to me. I don't really care about rising in ranks or becoming "the best that ever was". Also, I guess I play game to have fun. Sound lame, but eh.

Well, I sometimes get some kind of OCD which wants me to complete the whole game. Usually, I want to know what happens next in storyline based games, so that makes me play a game. Some other times, I just do it for the achievements and hours played so that they appear on my profile. I also play for item drops like trading cards and weapons.

What is it you hope to get out of gaming. Is it the thrill of beating the game, do you want to be the best at a certain game or all the games you play, do you want to become a pro gamer and make a living out of playing games like Dota 2. What is it you hope to get out of your gaming?

For me I just wan to to be the best at one of the games I play to see my name in the top ranks of the best players. I think the time for me to be a professional gamer who makes a living has long passed, but maybe one of my ids could do that instead HAHA.
As a young kid,i recall with nostalgia the vivid memories of my first encounter with computer games.I was always thrilled whenever i advanced to the next level in whatever game that i played and i remember trying to outdo my buddies when competing with them.Just being able to advance to a more complex stage make me get the adrenalin rush and that to me is the epitome of my success.

The thrill of winning I suppose. It feels better in multiplayer games since you know that you've bested another human player instead of just the computer.

Video games are a form of cheap entertainment. Not many people can become pro gamers, but its not something to not be expected. I guess I play because of entertainment and addiction.Some games are just so cool and unique that you wish you were inside their world! (lol)

I used to love the competition when I played competitive online games like RTS and FPS. I also used to really enjoy the long and in depth stories of RPGs. Right now because I'm so busy I appreciate games that give me a short break from the daily grind which is why for the first time I've started to enjoy games that have levels or turns, something that can be completed in chunks over time.

It's very difficult to answer these types of questions in very few words. Well, since this is a forum and I am supposed to keep it at discussion level only, I would say that I look to loose myself in the game without having to worry about the repercussions of my actions as I know I am getting another chance if I fail.