W.O.W question

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
My brother got World of WarCraft for Christmas and has had difficulty playing it. He says that, even though he has high speed internet, that it can take up to 45 minutes to get into a server. Is that normal?

Greetings Explorer!!!!

Hi!!! :crow:

So that we can better serve you and your brother with this problem, could you tell us;
  1. What (WoW) Server
  2. What Computer / CPU Speed
  3. What video card / core speed / memory
  4. How much system Ram (Memory)
  5. What connection Speed (internet)

the only thing i can think of is that recently from around 7-11 PM on my server there have been long waiting lines where you are put on a queue because the servers are full. you might just have problems with your computer, but its been taking me about 30 minutes to get in recently too.

yeah, you should only have a problem if you are on a full server logging into the server during primetime.

There are three solutions:
1) make character on a new or low populated server (they tell you the populatoin when you are picking the server)
2) don't play during peak hours (if it can be avoided)
3) get on a server that is in a different time zone (this creates its own problems as sometimes you'll get lag issues because you are further from the server...but I'm on a west coast server and living in EST and I have had very minor issues).

Well there are realm transfers but you don't get to choose...Blizzard just sets up the servers that can switch from one to another server....sooo...short answer: Yes. You have to create all new characters every time you want to join a new server.