Update ATI EverLAN Winter Tournaments

GQtraqer

Registered
Dec 26, 2005
Tournament, Prizes, maps & rules has been posted. As many of you may know that Colorado has groomed some great players during the cyber athlete revolution to where it currently, you may recognize some names like;
  1. Atrophy
  2. Weremouse
  3. milehigh
  4. Greyson
  5. Fargo
  6. Toutsuu

......and many many more.
This event looks to be a tough tournament with a lot of surprises to come.

..... stay tuned ....

GQ Traqer

I guess that would depend on how broad a persons interests are. If a persons only focus was on one thing then it is easy to speculate that a person/persons would not have heard of cyber athletes and the continued popularity and growth of its fan base.

Last edited:
On the contrary, he was speaking in general iniquity about Professional gaming and I was speaking about general obtuseness concerning those who don’t follow this type of gaming.

Last edited:
Maybe these people should start using their real names, at least at first. I mean, Michael Jordan didn't come on the court as "AirManOneOneOne" or anything. Tiger Woods isn't "LongDriver". Sure, competitive video gaming may be getiing more popular, but it's still a very small niche, and I think a lot of that has to do with the convention that the players themselves use. Generally speaking, mass popularity for sports happens when a very recognizable player gains notoriety, lik ethe two examples above. Is that ever going to happen with competitive gaming, especially considering the perceived nature of "gamers" by the general public?

i see your point and agree. nobody is going to say "i want to be just like thrash!!" plus the names can be duplicated and copied so easily...it is like a non-trademarked corporate name that can just be ripped on and made fun of to no end by other players who can ruin the reputation of the player. plus it would suck if someone named GhostToast became famous and it wsnt me. then i'd have to change my name. my REAL name. seriously, it's GhostToast.

Coming from the beginnings of what it has turned in to today I had a very different point of view, yet after reading these posts you have helped bring some light to its true situation. Indeed it has come along way but it still has along way to go. It is international and quite frankly more popular in other Countries. With this “enlightenment” I plan to change my strategy a bit while helping where I can to move it in the right direction. However… I do have to give kudos to the coordinator for this ATI event. This is the first time I have seen a game (WoW), in a tournament that was not first person or RTS.

Thanks guys!!

I read the story from the link you gave me, it is quite interesting. My strategy is a little different though. I don’t intend to have it be my primary income. Actually I saw some very encouraging things. They are going back to Quake as its primary game, Countries ahev nationalized it as a true sport & it is now an Olympic sport? WOW!