Top 5 Vita Games

joshposh

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
trafficmonsoon.com
I'm going to buy one soon. I want to know what games should I heavily consider buying based on what you (gamers) have played and recommend. Doesn't matter what genre. Just tell me what you think is the top 5 games so far on the Vita.

That's really hard to answer.

The consensus Top 5 games are probably (in no particular order):

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Killzone: Mercenary

Unit 13

Gravity Rush

Tearaway

Gravity Rush and Tearawya are far, faaarrr from the typical video games. Refreshing experiences from what I've heard. Sony made four of these games, Ubisoft the fifth (Unit 13).

I own four and enjoy 3 of them.

Uncharted, Killzone, and Unit 13 are the three I enjoy.

I'd like to touch a bit on Killzone in particular:

Everyone owes it to themselves to play the game if they are a Vita owner, even if they don't like shooters. I don't necessarily despise shooters, but I am in no way inclined to play them nor do I enjoy most of them. I hadn't played them in years and due to the insistence of people I knew I bought BO2 and consider one of the greatest wastes of money I've ever made.

Even after that bad experience I went ahead and bought KZ:M, partially to support the Vita I enjoy so much, but moreso because the consensus was that this was an amazing game, which wasn't the push ehind BO2 so it wasn't a 1-1 situation. Plus, with a pricetag of $9 I couldn't say no.

As it turns out, I don't regret the decision! I got more than my money's worth just from the campaign, it had an excellent story and was decently long, but nothing like RPG length obviously. I don't even play the multiplayer often, something that adds an immense amount of value to the game, unless its with /r/VitaGameNight (Reddit Sub) or more personal friends. There's even a botzone so you could take 'multiplayer' on the road and on the go with you offline.

It was without any doubt built from the ground up with the Vita in mind and is the definitive shooter on any handheld, a game that is considered by many better than its PS4 counterpart.

----

Gravity Rush is the game I didn't enjoy, which isn't to say I dislike it. I really don't have an opinion of it. Reason? I didn't really play it much. I got it and couldn't get the controls to work for me, so I gave up sort of quickly. I'm sure I'll go back to it eventually, but I have so many other Vita games to enjoy I'm in no rush.

If you spend time on it then you will get adjusted and like Gravity Rush. Although it fell short a bit of expectation it is still a good game. The ability to manipulate gravity sometimes gets a little messy and battling opponents is a bit tough if you are not used to to the controls. I haven't played the second one yet.

If you spend time on it then you will get adjusted and like Gravity Rush.

I'll probably redownload it and give it a shot while I'm traveling for the holidays.

I haven't played the second one yet.

Well, it hasn't released yet, so that's an easy accomplishment. Not sure when it will, the only word we've heard on it so far was a teaser trailer that is pretty old by now.

Hopefully PlayStation Experience brings some new tidbit of news, if not a full detailing of the game!

I couldn't really give a Top 5, but my favorite games so far for the system are the Mortal Kombat port and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

I'm still waiting for PS Vita's price to either drop or someone offers me their 2nd hand one. I'm a cheapskate, I know, but I'm not really the type of person who'd buy something and use it for a long time. Most of the gadgets I have are usually left forgotten only after a few days, which is a waste of money.