Too old to play games?

Being older does not mean you can't play video games. If anything, it makes it more enjoyable since you can catch several references that younger people don't get.

It is also a good stress relief. When you come back from work, getting inside a whole new other world is very relaxing. Some people even play video games for a living :p. There's nothing wrong about it.

Meh. Games are a form of entertainment. I see no reason why they should be age-restricted. If anything there are more and more games coming out that are specifically targeted to an older market. If I likes it, I plays it.

I think there's an advantage to playing games as you get older, as well, since they continue to challenge your mind and prevent it from getting soft and squishy. I'd like to think I can stave off senility for at least a few years by continuing to play tactically-challenging video games.

Nah, i really do not believe that there is an age limit when it comes to having fun, and that is exactly what videogaming is... having fun. I know of a lot of people way older than me who still plays videogames, though, usually the videogame titles they play are considered retro by today's standards.

I am 35 and my dad is approaching 70, and if anyone tells me I am too old to play video games I just point them to my dad who recently picked up a habit of playing card games on the laptop to spend his time. Not sure if it is a very relaxing experience but it is definitely time well spent for him instead of watching the rubbish that passes off on tv these days.

Well, whoever told you that sounds like a really boring person to be around! ;)

I definitely do not think 37 is too old to play video games. I'm not sure I can even put an age limit on gaming. I know that my stepdad, who is 60 years old, still plays Eve almost every day. No one thinks he's crazy or too old. It's just a fun hobby.

I say people who tell you that are doing you a favor. If they think you are too old to play video games, then you know they are going to be boring and that you shouldn't hang out with them! lol

Well, whoever told you that sounds like a really boring person to be around! ;)

I definitely do not think 37 is too old to play video games. I'm not sure I can even put an age limit on gaming. I know that my stepdad, who is 60 years old, still plays Eve almost every day. No one thinks he's crazy or too old. It's just a fun hobby.

I say people who tell you that are doing you a favor. If they think you are too old to play video games, then you know they are going to be boring and that you shouldn't hang out with them! lol

Totally agree with what you said. And also, it is really cool that a 60 year old plays EVE. That game is more like a job then a game, and you have to really pour in hours and hours to be successful. I can definitely see why he likes it so much, and I will probably also give EVE a shot in the near future, since that game is hanging on my backlog for a long time.

No, I don't think so. Saying someone is too old to play video-games is like saying someone is too old to watch movies or listen to music. I think I will play video games till I am 90. LOL.

You're 37 ? What are you worrying about youngster ? I'm 44 and have been gaming since I had Manic Miner on my Sinclair Spectrum back in 1983. I don't know who's telling you you're too old to play games but maybe you should remind them they're not the gaming police. Theres a ton of people considerably older than even me who are building successful careers on Youtube and twitch focusing exclusively on gaming. One of the first pioneers of the mass wave of Minecraft popularity was Paul Soares Jr, or Minecraft Dad as he was commonly known, I don't know how old he is but theres a bit more grey in his hair than there is in mine. The only difference between gaming when I was young, and gaming now is that I don't often get as immersed in the game as I used to, life gets in the way. So if you're still enjoying gaming, then game. You're old enough to really appreciate the improvements in processing power that we have seen in our lives and you should be as blown away as I am at how sophisticated and complex the games of today are.

We are never too old to play games, never, why would we? I think we should do what give us pleasure no matter how old we are.

Age does not matter in playing games. Just because you play does not mean you are immature or brainchild. Games are not only for kids but also for us adults. Gaming is about doing what enjoys you, like a hobby. I don't get it when some people have a bad impression with adult gamers I mean why? What is the point of life without being happy about it?

Playing games with the kids can be also be beneficial. This can be a bonding moment with parents and their children. They are not just having a quality time with each other but can also be a means to monitor the games that the kids are playing

I'm 28 and still playing my all time favorie games like Ragnarok, Gunbound, Counter Strike, etc. I think once a gamer, always a gamer regardless of the age.

I think the "aren't you too old to play video games?" cliche is something from past generations; it's old, and doesn't apply to today's world at all. The only people you may hear saying this are some old-fashioned folks over 70, and even then it's only the particularly grumpy and stubborn ones. Life is different now and in the last 10 years gaming has been recognized as a socially acceptable hobby that involves people from all ages.

That said, I'm already on my mid twenties and gaming is as common as breathing in my group of friends and acquaintances; almost everyone does it and no one bats an eyelash at it.

Those that stick to past mentalities and judge adult gamers as "immature" are not adapting themselves to the current times.

Nobody is ever too old to play games. You may not do well at first, sure, but you can still learn the game as if you're younger with practice. You can start with games you're familiar with as there is a resurgence of older titles on console, but the newer games are fun to play too.

I don't think that anyone is ever too old for anything, to be honest. As long as you're physically capable of something and have the desire to do it, age should definitely not be a deciding factor for you.

When I was a teenager, I used to play an MMORPG called RuneScape. I was maybe 14 at the time, and I had actually made a friend on there who was a 65 year old lady! I was taken aback at first, but I came to find that there were actually plenty of older people playing the game because it was a relaxing pass time for them. Not to mention that with the amount of time required to invest in most MMORPG's, being retired with no other responsibilities is really helpful.

I think that most people feel gaming is for younger folk because of the way that video games are marketed. But at the same time, I think opinions are changing as generations who grew up with video games are getting older now.

It was not that we fought but we just had an argument and exchanged word curses against each other. Noob, newbie, idiot are some of the words I spat out when we were having the argument. I don't know, even though you are at fault still, it is indeed hard for everyone of us to look at ourselves in the mirror. It hurts whenever we tend to look at our own weaknesses and insecurities, that's why.

I am 30 years old, I don't think I am too old to play and I think anyone can play regardless of the age. Priorities in life change as we are getting old I bet normal people in my age who does have responsibilities in life will set gaming last on their priority. I personally still play games during the weekend but I only play for an hour or two. I play NBA 2k game and GTA5 game.

I don't think there's such a thing as being too old to play either. You'd never think someone was too old for reading books, or listening to music, or picking up a new hobby - so I don't know why people would even insinuate that there's a cut off point for gaming either. I think maybe because in the grand scheme of things, video gaming is a relatively new hobby compared to other things, that's why people have the perception that it's relegated to young people - but I say go for it!

I agree. You're never too old to have fun. It's for any age. As long as the gaming doesn't take importance over things you need to do like chores job or sleep, you are fine.

You're right in the idea that there is no time too old for us to have fun and, if playing games with pals is what helps me to enjoy myself, I wouldn't mind doing that and there is nothing wrong with that. I'v come to notice that it is a good way to relax the body and mind.

As old as I am which is above 20, I still find time to play some football games like FIFA and Pes with some of my old time pals and it's always a big time having fun.

Sometimes its hard to find time with your busy schedule.

Instead of playing games, most people will choose to sleep to recover the whole day of work.

But playing games eventually turns into a hobby. Best played with your partner or family.

No, playing video games doesn't have anything to do with age, I for one still fine joy in playing video games every once in a while, besides the game helps the brain because the more you exercise the brain the more your cerebral capacity increases, expecially in children, games are stimulator which could make and individual improve in their thinking capacity, it is another good way to unwind expecially if you are the type who works a lot, but many are of the openion that playing of game is a waste of time but in the real sense even the doctors use games like flash cards to determine the cognitive abilities of an individual of even animals and the best results has been achieved through this games in the past years, so your age is not a barrier when it comes to playing games.