Time to Vent

theethos

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
San Diego
Venting

I just thought it would be good for everybody to have a place to vent about their dislikes or things that irk them about this wonderful industry of ours. May the mud slinging begin!

First things first. What is the appeal of all these war games? I don't understand it. Maybe it's because I'm in the military but it's driving me crazy to see so much talent wasted on these mindless war wannabees.

War games are kind of like reality TV shows. Since it's already happened, there is no real need for a script. Use call of duty for example. Good game, no script. There's a ton of more work to do on a game, but if no script is needed that cuts back on alot of work.

Religious freaks drive me crazy, also straight edgers who try and bad mouth you.

I hate the kind of people that preach at you and try to make you do what they want or think is right. *cough*Jahovas*cough*

Professional Gamers...Ive met a couple of them....most of them act like asses. And I hate all these sequels that are comming out in video games. And I hate people that act cooler than me....ahh I just hate people.

Stoners that write 4:20 everywhere or use some sort of drug reference as their online alias or both. I mostly hate anyone that does illegal narcotics.

How all great games are getting ruined. Unreal was great, Unreal 2 was horrable, Doom 1 and 2 were great, Doom 3 was horrable, Tribes 1 and 2 were great, Tribes:Vengence is horrable. Dare I say Half-life 1 was great and that 2 may be horrable? Im a little scared on how games have been turning out.

Kikal, you made me think of a pet peeve of mine: spoilers. People that go out of there way to ruin a game or movie for you. Esspecially when it's leaked spoilers (HL2). I now know like 3 or 4 huge plot-twists due to A-holes posting spoilers with the intention to spoil it.

PS: It's my Boithday! Happy 20th to me!

Yoggs was meaning to ask, why do you hate anyone who uses illegal narcotics?