The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
[a]index.php?page=gameportal&id=70[aaa]Click here to view this game`s reviews, downloads, news..[/a].[/br][/br]Meanwhile tell us what you think of this game!

I don't get the sims. I have enough trouble running my own life, the last thing I want to do is tell a video game when it's time to sleep or go to work or whatever. But then again maybe I need the practive :D

I personally can't wait for this one either. From what I've read it'll be more about playing your sims and less worry with mundane tasks. One family I have was pretty large and it was tiresome to keep up with who was hungry, who has to potty and so forth.

Lynn

now that's cool

I hadn't heard about the movie feature on the dvd. I already told hubby we have to get a dvd player for the computer.

That's totally cool..How I love technology...

Lynn

yeah i cant wait either lylabean... i have my sims set w/ the option of free will, so if they need to use the bathroom or eat, they do it themselves and then i just mess around w/ the other sims. i really dont care for actually controlling the sims themselves, cept for getting one sim jealous or causing fights, i really enjoy building the houses and landscaping the property. or designing the rooms and furniture and odd and ends.. thats what i enjoy most.

or how about when they do that dance in the cage? wooot! wooot! uh, uh , uh!! hahaha.. thats great!

yeah I usually play with free will but then they are always going to get a snack or making coffee when they should be doing something else :)

It's hard to keep them focused...maybe that's why I relate so well to them..ehehe

Lynn

I can't wait for Sims 2 either - I've had it preordered FOREVER it seems -
I love building the houses and landscaping also, Spoony, but what also keeps me going is making up the most ridiculous and funny families. I make up my own storyline and build a family to go with. The one I did once that has made me laugh the most was when I did a retirement and rest home.
I made this family full of old people w/a young girl who worked there - she had her own "employee" sections of the house, where she prepared the meals and had an office, etc. Then the retirees had their own bedrooms and activity areas. Then, there was a huge graveyard out back, complete w/ghosts and flowers on the graves.
I had fun setting that one up... I kept having to lock neighbors in rooms that had only a fireplace and a LOT of flammable objects.

Anyway, the almost movie-making aspect of Sims 2 should make creating storylines like this even more fun and interactive. :)

hah, thats great ajakun... now i cant wait to go home and kill some of my neighbors..i knew i shoulda brought my laptop to work with me!!! and i think i need a graveyard too!!!! i think maybe ill make a creepy house.. too bad sims couldnt turn into zombies :)

that's cool ajakun. I love to go to the sims.com and browse through the families uploaded and photo albums. I remember on they had done a take on trading spaces...such creativity in this world we live.

Last time I played I was working on a CSI neighborhood...trying to Las Vegas some of the places up. It's been too long since I played.

I may have to play some this weekend..

Lynn

Ha ha! I've single-handedly rekindled addictions. ;-)

I also will build duplexes, or small apartment blocks, put a family in each w/working stuff, and take turns playing different families, leaving the rest on free will (but locked in their houses).

Whatever weird fancy strikes me that day. ;-)

ajakun, you have taken spoony away from me, now all she is doing is trying to kill her sims to make a cemetary.. Many hours on the damn game:)

ahh yes, my cemetary is coming out nicely. now i have to find a good site to download some free creepy stuff from. like a cool old adams family style mansion. and download me some new sim heads and clothes. does anyone know of a good free site? most of them want to charge and im not that much a geek to be paying for this stuff.

Taking Spoony away?!

I've taken away your Spoony? It's only fair, since you take my Draven away. ;-)

You should post a screenshot of your graveyard when you have it just right!!!!! I'd love to see it!

Happy Simming,
Aja :)

oh yeah please post your graveyard..that sounds cool.

I have got to play tonight...:)

the sims 2 goes gold! yeah! I was reading a thread on a non-game board about the sims 2 and one poster said her husband would not be attending a niece's birthday party because he'd be playing the sims 2! ;) heheh

Lynn

I have to have my brother pick it up and mail it to me in England - :-( I have to wait for it to be shipped here. I am getting the QUICKEST shipping possible - I've had this damn game on preorder since before Christmas last year....

OK, i'll post a screenshot tonight. its not that great so far, i still need more tombstones...

Ajakun and Lynn...post some screenshots of your Sims too :)

Now I wish i brought my laptop to work so I can sim it up! im going thru withdrawal!!!!

OK, well I just installed Makin' Magic and they have some pretty cool stuff to make my creepy house, so you will have to wait a little longer for the boneyard. im nerdin out with all the new pieces :)

Anyone play Makin' Magic or any other of the expansions?