Talk about...

Sony can make their system cost a bajillion dollars or 400... I still would not buy it unless it was around the 200 mark. I probably wouldn't even buy it then since the only game I actually like on PS2 is Katamari anyways. As long as I have nerdy friends I wont have to buy any of Sony or Microsoft's schtuff. For this I am thankful most!

None of the companies bother refuting entirely fraudulent rumors. Did Nintendo ever make a big press release over how the Revolution controller wasn't a touch pad which was a widely told rumor. Did Sony refute the rumor that the PSP was going to cost $500 at launch? Did Microsoft ever refute the rumor that there wasn't going to be a Halo 3? Only a Forerunner game?

No. If they went out of their way to address every rumor, would they even have the time to make games?

Thats what the PR ppl are for. They don't make games or anything just talk to the press. I sure Phil Harison, Peter Morre, and Reggie don't make games at all. They just sign a paper saying ok thats good now do this.

Do you think the PR people know whether or not everything is true? Lots of game companies hire a totally seperate firm to do it, and they have no clue whether or not it's true.

Ok what about the Marketing department. They don't make games at all. Just marketing. So should they handle rumors. Plus I can bet that some of the rumors coming are from the companies themslefs to add to hype. Maybe not all rumors but some little ones.

I like how Nintendo has a weekly deal (they still do don't they) where they have a press conference to discuss things. However, sometimes companies do make official statements that aren't necessarily direct answers to rumors, but ones that set the record straight. For instance, Microsoft had more than one announcement last year that everything was on schedule and the 360 would release as planned.

Square Enix did not deny the making of a FFVII remake nor did they say it was never gonna happen.

O for the record MS is still working on more games from the Xbox to play on the 360. They said th reason is because of so many resposes and emails they got form the ppl. I sent in about 10 asking if they would put the Origanl Buffy game, I don't wanna buy a Xbox just to play Buffy ( I owe the Dark Slayer).

I don't know if Nintendo still does that weekly thing.

Nintendo does the weekly thing.....most of it is "blah".....but some are very interesting......I get a regular email about Nintendo's happenings......and for most that don't know, Sony likes to keep stuff in the dark

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Square Enix did not deny the making of a FFVII remake nor did they say it was never gonna happen.

I followed this story closely, and Square Enix said they have no intention of remaking FF7 ever. Nomura, though, said that he would like to remake it, and intends to propose it after his other projects were done. At the time, those projects were FF7: Dirge of Cerberus and KH2. But they quickly put him on FFVXIII.

O for the record MS is still working on more games from the Xbox to play on the 360. They said th reason is because of so many resposes and emails they got form the ppl. I sent in about 10 asking if they would put the Origanl Buffy game, I don't wanna buy a Xbox just to play Buffy ( I owe the Dark Slayer).

This is true. A few days after Moore said that "nobody was concerned with backwards compatibility" and every single gamer on the internet called foul, he pussed out thoroughly.