SteamVR, Occulus Rift, or Google box?

Personally? I'm going to go with Occulus Rift. Mostly because it's had the most exposure, the most backing, and has been one of the longest developed versions of the hardware. While I don't doubt Google's ability to improve on the technology, Im going to back up the more well established version of it.

I'm not disagreeing here, but both the other 2 options have pretty good backing. One by steam and one by Google.

Yes the occulus has had the most exposure, but that doesn't mean it's going to be the best. Right now I think it's anyone's game

Not touching Oculus Rift since it got bought over by Facebook. I'm pretty stoked for SteamVR since it will likely be integrated with Steam Machines. Imagine if Half Life 3 was released with SteamVR!

Not touching Oculus Rift since it got bought over by Facebook. I'm pretty stoked for SteamVR since it will likely be integrated with Steam Machines. Imagine if Half Life 3 was released with SteamVR!

Now, I'm no fan of Facebook either, but just because FB now owns the Oculus doesn't mean it'll automatically be bad, at least not at first. I don't think they'll immediately bombard us with VR ads since...well, there aren't any to speak of as of right now.

I think Google has the best chance of making the technology as advanced as possible but I don't think that would automatically make them the most financially successful when it goes mainstream. Although for sure they will be stiff competition for the market as a whole.

For me Occulus Rift is the easiest decision for me to go with. Of course, if you look at the differences in what you get to enjoy using Occulus Rift, you would know it's a better bargain.