Stay away from LoL scams!

kima

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
I'm sorry if this has already been covered on this forum, but I haven't seen a thread about it. Recently, my friends have been sharing these links about some "LoL RP Christmas Promotion". This website says that you can get a point per click, or something like that, and with the points you get, you can redeem RP cards for free. The site is designed to look like the real Riot Games site and the link is christmas.riotpromotions.com Fortunately, the site is probably just to trick people into visiting it, but there are sites out there with more malicious intent. Some will trick people into entering their account info and other have keyloggers or other viruses.
Please remember that if the links are not from http://leagueoflegends.com or http://www.riotgames.com, do not trust the site!

If it's too good to be true, it probably is! There are many other similar scams out there, such as "free Steam wallet" or "free Xbox Live Gold codes". Honestly why would anyone give these away to strangers for free? Always exercise caution and never reveal your login credentials/credit card details.

It may be an IP logger site or even worse an IP logger site that attaches a virus to the next update that will allow the site owner to steal your LoL account. You have to be very cautious these days. I would check the Site before the next update and make sure its not a generated fake update from that website.

Thanks for the heads up Kima, because I really dislike these scamming sites that prey on gullible minded persons. If that website was true and I can make a ton of "their created" points, I would be clicking all day like a maniac - of course, "too good to be true things" rarely ever happen like this, if ever. Also it's a good thing I don't play League of Legends anymore, but I will give this info to my brothers who are avid players.

I always see a lot of scams when it comes to popular things, not only in games, but of course these days when games already have in game currencies it becomes much more attractive. I think people should just be as vigilant as possible and do lots of research before giving into programs like this one, especially when it sounds too good to be true.

Yeah, I often see links to that kind of websites being shared on Facebook and friends keep messaging me on skype about them. Honestly, if it were 2011, I would've done it, too, but I know most of these, if not all, websites are scam. They must make good money though.