Spiderman 3 Trailer..........nuff Said

I shall prevent future Spidey arguments by dispensing my encyclopedic knowledge of the character. My 14+ years of collecting every Spidey related comic to come out in that time frame, plus collecting a number of previous comics + reading most of them through collections + meeting Stan Lee and John Romita Sr and getting them to sign an old Amazing Spider-Man shall be my credentials :)

In comicbook canon...

The Origins of Venom: Version 1
Spidey gets summoned by the Beyonder to fight with other superheroes against super villains on a battle world planet. During the course of this battle, Spidey's costume get's damaged, and he sees a machine that supposedly makes replacement costumes. He pops his head in and accidentally transports an alien being from it's home planet. This alien is part of a symbiotic alien race that travels the universe conquering planets. Ironically, THIS symbiote isn't quite as evil as the others, and doesn't want to take over planets (although this wasn't revealed till the mid 90s, this is part of comic book continuity). After finding out that this creature was trying to permanently bond with Peter, he had the fantastic four zap it with high frequency sonics, and assumed it dead. But it slinked away, later jumping peter and forcing him to desparately go to a bell tower in a church for the sonics the bell gave off when struck. This causes the symbiote to leave him, and slink down into the church, again, peter thinks it's dead.

Instead it finds Eddie Brock, a devote Catholic, who's gone to the church to ask forgiveness for what he will soon do - commit suicide. See, this guy came into his newspaper and confessed to being a serial killer. He wrote the article revealing this, and the police arrested this man. Shortly thereafter, Spider-Man revealed who the REAL serial killer was. Brock's career was ruined, and he lost everything. The symbiote sensed his hatred for Spider-Man (and that he had cancer, which the symbiote could feed off of, but that's a totally unrelated story... let's just say that Eddie Brock is dying of cancer in current continuity while the symbiote is having a rousing good time... but I'm sure closer to the movie, they'll bring him back in full force :) ) and decided to bond with him, forming VENOM.

Venom's Origin: Version 2... the ULTIMATE version
Peter's father is a scientist (not a secret agent like in regular continuity), and alongside Eddie Brock's father, works on developing a cure for cancer. They get as far as creating a "suit" that could heal any injury, sickness, and possibly cancer, before Edie and Peter's parents are killed in a plane crash. Eddie is not a muscle builder. He's a studnet under Curt Connors (the lizard, or for movie fans, the professor with one arm in Spidey 2 that Peter gets a talking from), working on continuing peter and eddie's research. By accident, peter gets some of the suit on him, and he forms a costume. He goes out, saves some people, get's shot through the arm....

.... which the suit heals. Eventually he realize it's messing with him and hurting him and he's able to get it off and through it in a smoke stack. Thorugh the process the weakness to sonics is seen to not exist (as the Shocker isn't even able to hurt it).

Eventually Peter returns to destroy the rest of the suit. Eddie is furious. He's got a second amoutn of costume elsewhere and tries it on for size. But it's too much for him and VENOM is born.

And there you go. The originS of venom.

Now the origin of Harry Osborn as a supervillain:

Version 1:
Driven to depression amond other things from his father's death - plus he was a druggie - he eventually takes the same stuff that caused his father to go crazy and become the green goblin, becoming the green goblin himself.

Version 2:
Having been given hynotherapy by a man paid by his father, we assume he either gets shot up with the "Oz" syrum or shoot himself up while under a hynotic trance. With but a coupla words, he becomes a giant orange, flaming beast, much like his father but with more flames, less green and more orange. And less in control. And still under hynotherapic stuffs. Now, no one actually REFERS to him as Hobgoblin... but the story arc was CALLED "Hobgoblin".

SO. If he's hobgoblin in the movie, that's correct, but so's if he's Green Goblin 2. I think it would be more sense to do what they did in the second version. Just have him use his father's serum and equipment and just go after spidey... don't give him a name. In the teaser it kinda looks like he's not even wearing a mask. Why can't he just be Harry Osborn? Why name him a super villain :)

Thanks for the ton of info Voice.

thing is Harry will not be the goblin in the movie. He will not dawn the Goblin anything. So it will more likely be Harry useing his fathers tools to get revenge on Peter. Or it's will be someone completely different on the glider. Soooooooooo What will become of Harry in the movie who knows right now who cares. VENOM is the main talk of this subject. I do think the origin of venom will be a fuse of both the Ultimate and Comic/cartoon origin. Most know the origin of Venom from space but in the movie world it does not fit. But it's not my movie, Rami did a godd job with the others so I can only pry this will not beanother X-men

The_Voice said:
The Origins of Venom: Version 1
Spidey gets summoned by the Beyonder to fight with other superheroes against super villains on a battle world planet. During the course of this battle, Spidey's costume get's damaged, and he sees a machine that supposedly makes replacement costumes. He pops his head in and accidentally transports an alien being from it's home planet. This alien is part of a symbiotic alien race that travels the universe conquering planets. Ironically, THIS symbiote isn't quite as evil as the others, and doesn't want to take over planets (although this wasn't revealed till the mid 90s, this is part of comic book continuity). After finding out that this creature was trying to permanently bond with Peter, he had the fantastic four zap it with high frequency sonics, and assumed it dead. But it slinked away, later jumping peter and forcing him to desparately go to a bell tower in a church for the sonics the bell gave off when struck. This causes the symbiote to leave him, and slink down into the church, again, peter thinks it's dead.

Slight correction here (it's a bit nitpicky), but after Reed Richards blasts the symbiote off of Parker, the Fantastic Four captured and contained the alien suit for a while...it wasn't assumed dead at the time.